The Student Room Group

SFE Entitlement changed when I changed university.

Hi,

I applied for student finance in January this year with compelling personal reasons. At first i only had sufficient evidence to be granted one year funding which was fine, they approved my application and granted me tuition fee and maintenance loan for my first year in academic year 23/24. However when i supplied my evidence for the second year they have approved it and now said that i wont get tuition fee for the first year of my course, only second and third.

I have an email and an entitlement letter from april showing that i was originally approved for the tuition fee loan for my first year in 23/24. I have made substantial life decisions based on this original agreement such as leaving my job and now I'm left without tuition fee loan. I have made a formal appeal but its causing me a great deal of stress and I would like some further clarification if anyone has been in a similar position or if any one from student finance can make comment.

thanks,

Aiden
Original post by aiden9696
Hi,

I applied for student finance in January this year with compelling personal reasons. At first i only had sufficient evidence to be granted one year funding which was fine, they approved my application and granted me tuition fee and maintenance loan for my first year in academic year 23/24. However when i supplied my evidence for the second year they have approved it and now said that i wont get tuition fee for the first year of my course, only second and third.

I have an email and an entitlement letter from april showing that i was originally approved for the tuition fee loan for my first year in 23/24. I have made substantial life decisions based on this original agreement such as leaving my job and now I'm left without tuition fee loan. I have made a formal appeal but its causing me a great deal of stress and I would like some further clarification if anyone has been in a similar position or if any one from student finance can make comment.

thanks,

Aiden

Hi Aiden, To look into your entitlement query further we do require access to your account, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
(Original post by Angela SFE)Hi Aiden, To look into your entitlement query further we do require access to your account, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Hi, i have done such, and also called but there was no help given and i was given a myriad of excuses. The bottom line is my original entitlement agreement has been changed despite no change on circumstance of me other than the university i am going too. I have been left completely in the mud regarding this and advised only to put forward an appeal which will take longer to come back than the amount of time i have between now and when i'm meant to move in. This issue has completely done me over as like mentioned i have handed in my notice and signed a tenancy agreement but due to the change i can't afford to go leaving me stuck without a job and paying rent for a place i will not be living.
Original post by aiden9696
(Original post by Angela SFE)Hi Aiden, To look into your entitlement query further we do require access to your account, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Hi, i have done such, and also called but there was no help given and i was given a myriad of excuses. The bottom line is my original entitlement agreement has been changed despite no change on circumstance of me other than the university i am going too. I have been left completely in the mud regarding this and advised only to put forward an appeal which will take longer to come back than the amount of time i have between now and when i'm meant to move in. This issue has completely done me over as like mentioned i have handed in my notice and signed a tenancy agreement but due to the change i can't afford to go leaving me stuck without a job and paying rent for a place i will not be living.

Hi there, Sorry to hear of the outcome, please allow time for the appeal to be reviewed. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending