The Student Room Group

Is prioritisation important

Is valuing priority as a trait within a relationship considered important for example, your other half is able to open up messages or messages involving pictures or videos but for example, claims to you that you happening to start and end the day off with them is considered to be a favourite yet they don’t even bother to say good morning form the beginning of a chat what does that suggest.
Original post by Anonymous
Is valuing priority as a trait within a relationship considered important for example, your other half is able to open up messages or messages involving pictures or videos but for example, claims to you that you happening to start and end the day off with them is considered to be a favourite yet they don’t even bother to say good morning form the beginning of a chat what does that suggest.

Hi there!

Just to clarify, are you asking what can be suggested by your partner valuing good morning messages despite not sending them themselves? Because in that instance, I would potentially be having the conversation with them to explain how much you enjoy it when they prioritise saying good morning to you too. This way, you can highlight something you would like by discussing it in a positive light.

I hope that helped, but if that was not what you were asking then please feel free to discuss further.

Rachel- YSJ student rep
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel_ysj
Hi there!

Just to clarify, are you asking what can be suggested by your partner valuing good morning messages despite not sending them themselves? Because in that instance, I would potentially be having the conversation with them to explain how much you enjoy it when they prioritise saying good morning to you too. This way, you can highlight something you would like by discussing it in a positive light.

I hope that helped, but if that was not what you were asking then please feel free to discuss further.

Rachel- YSJ student rep

Hi Rachel is it right of my partner to say she enjoys starting the day and ending the day with me when I am not even her first reply or response or message. At times she’ll be socially active though she’ll have no time for a response or a reply she messaged me two and a half hours later today…
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Rachel is it right of my partner to say she enjoys starting the day and ending the day with me when I am not even her first reply or response or message. At times she’ll be socially active though she’ll have no time for a response or a reply she messaged me two and a half hours later today…

I think perhaps since you are questioning your partner's sincerity, that you feel it is not right. Therefore, I think that it would be better to have a conversation with your partner about it as you can't expect them to change without communicating your concerns to them. Maybe start off by explaining your confusion regarding their responses. It would help if you explain how much you enjoy them messaging you first thing in the morning rather than saying you dislike how they leave you on delivered, as this would a positive approach to your dilemma.

Good luck with your discussion, as communication is the best way to solve potential issues. Don't wait for it to become a big argument would be my advice!

Rachel- YSJ student rep
It suggests that they don't like messaging just for the sake of messaging. You can be a priority in someone's life without being the first person they think to text.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending