The Student Room Group

university doubts

ive currently applied to univeristy and have made my final choice with my main as the specific course i want to do but i dont love the university as much as i love another but they dont have the exact course of what i want. so now im stuck in a dilema do i continue to stay with my course for september or switch to the other university?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by awsomecait123
ive currently applied to univeristy and have made my final choice with my main as the specific course i want to do but i dont love the university as much as i love another but they dont have the exact course of what i want. so now im stuck in a dilema do i continue to stay with my course for september or switch to the other university?

Hey there 😀

I am truly sorry to hear about the dilemma you are facing. Making such decisions can indeed be challenging, and it is natural to feel a bit distressed. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that the choice you ultimately make will bring you fulfilment without any regrets.

In considering your options, I suggest reflecting on what holds the most significance for you. Is it the specific course you are passionate about? Remember, university life involves a significant amount of classes and studying, so it is wise to prioritise the course that aligns with your interests and career aspirations. Alternatively, perhaps you value social connections and extracurricular activities more? If so, weigh whether one university offers broader opportunities in those areas.

Ultimately, your decision should align with your priorities. Personally, I prioritise the course itself because studying something you are genuinely passionate about is vital for a fulfilling university experience. Additionally, university marks the transition into adulthood, where you begin shaping your future and career path. If you are confident that a particular course will adequately prepare you for your goals, I encourage you to pursue it. Remember, you will still encounter amazing individuals along the way who will enrich your university journey, regardless of the final choice.

However, if the differences between the courses are minimal and both universities offer similar structures and teach similar material, consider factors such as campus environment and personal preferences. It is possible that, eventually, your preferred university may provide the best of both worlds. I recommend reaching out to both universities to gather comprehensive details about the courses you are interested in, enabling you to make a well-informed decision.

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Original post by awsomecait123

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing this dilemma!

Ultimately you need to decide what is right for you and what is the most important element for you - the course or the university. You need to be happy studying the subject as you'll put a lot of hardworking into the course over the next couple of years. The course content should be something that genuinely interests you and makes you eager to learn which will make studying the subject so much easier.

On the other hand, studying at a university that you like is also important as you'll be spending a huge proportion of your time there while you study. With the university with your chosen course, try and make a pros and cons list about studying at that university compared to another university. Try and see what you'd enjoy about the university but also what may not be elements you enjoy.

At the end of the day, you need to make this decision for yourself. Which one feels right for you? The course or the university? Which ever one you feel will make you happiest while studying is the one you should go with.

I hope this is of some assistance,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep - 3rd year Children's Nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending