The Student Room Group

Worried about second year

Hey just looking for advice. Im a first year psychology student who wants to do clinical psychology.
I got 55% in my first year, reason being due to sickness. I was really ill for my May exams (I had the flu) and I was heavily depressed for my January ones.
For my coursework it's self inflicted. I.e. starting late, not doing a second draft. In the end my latest piece of coursework I got a 57.
I'm just worried about second year as it's worth around 40%. And I just want to know if honestly I can pull it up and get overall a 2:1 in my degree, preferably an upper 2:1.
Thanks x
Original post by hahachloee
Hey just looking for advice. Im a first year psychology student who wants to do clinical psychology.
I got 55% in my first year, reason being due to sickness. I was really ill for my May exams (I had the flu) and I was heavily depressed for my January ones.
For my coursework it's self inflicted. I.e. starting late, not doing a second draft. In the end my latest piece of coursework I got a 57.
I'm just worried about second year as it's worth around 40%. And I just want to know if honestly I can pull it up and get overall a 2:1 in my degree, preferably an upper 2:1.
Thanks x

You're three percent off a 2:1, having had the flu during your end-of-year exams, and you asking whether you could possibly get a 2:1 overall? Of course you can. However, you'd need to correct the mistakes you makes you made during first year ("starting late, not doing a second draft") for coursework. And try not to catch the flu next year! :wink:

Think of first year as a trial run at how university life works, and how much effort is required to get the grades you want. Then start afresh in September with the slate wiped clean (given that your first year mark doesn't count towards your overall degree classification anyway.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending