The Student Room Group

Is 2:2 a bad grade?

Hi, I’m in 2nd year was aiming to get a 2:1 for my final graduation grade but with the way it’s looking I’m going to have to aim for a 2:2. Is it true you need a 2:1 for most jobs ? I’ll try my best but I think I’ll get a 2:2 :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I’m in 2nd year was aiming to get a 2:1 for my final graduation grade but with the way it’s looking I’m going to have to aim for a 2:2. Is it true you need a 2:1 for most jobs ? I’ll try my best but I think I’ll get a 2:2 :frown:

Hi there,
In my experience of applying to jobs since graduating, you do not need to be worried about getting a job if you do end up with a 2:2 classification. The benefit of coming out of university is that you gain the knowledge and skills to do that job so as long you have the confidence in being able to do that and the willingness to continue to learn you will have no issue with getting a job.

If you are worried, I would talk to your lecturers and career advisors within your university to aid you in working towards a higher final grade, but also the best way to write out a CV or fill in an application form for a job so you have the best possible chance.

To continue, do not count yourself out in regards to getting higher than a 2:2 as you won't truly know until results day, all you can do now is try your hardest and work towards the highest grades you can get, if you struggle with a specific area; communicate this with your lecturer as they will be the best person to help you.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

University of Wolverhampton Rep
Ben 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by WolvesRep3

Hi there,
In my experience of applying to jobs since graduating, you do not need to be worried about getting a job if you do end up with a 2:2 classification. The benefit of coming out of university is that you gain the knowledge and skills to do that job so as long you have the confidence in being able to do that and the willingness to continue to learn you will have no issue with getting a job.

If you are worried, I would talk to your lecturers and career advisors within your university to aid you in working towards a higher final grade, but also the best way to write out a CV or fill in an application form for a job so you have the best possible chance.

To continue, do not count yourself out in regards to getting higher than a 2:2 as you won't truly know until results day, all you can do now is try your hardest and work towards the highest grades you can get, if you struggle with a specific area; communicate this with your lecturer as they will be the best person to help you.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

University of Wolverhampton Rep
Ben 🙂

Okay that’s very helpful thank youu
Reply 3
In reality it matters little down the line, but it can make a difference for grad schemes immediately after university. You will be ok.

I received a 2:2 this summer and trust me you will be okay. Most jobs ask for 2:2 or above. Many jobs think a degree in general is great compared to no degree. Best wishes with your degree x
Reply 5

You're still in the midst of your second year, and a 2:2 grade is not definite at this point. Personally, I completed my second year with a 2:1 and expected that I would graduate with a 2:1 overall. However, in my third year, I consistently attained first-class marks, ultimately elevating my overall grade to a first-class honour upon graduation. Obviously, it depends on how your University weighs each year, but take it from me, spend a few extra hours in the library and work towards achieving the grade you want. So I wouldn't worry about this now, you have time and you can do it.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous.5.5

I received a 2:2 this summer and trust me you will be okay. Most jobs ask for 2:2 or above. Many jobs think a degree in general is great compared to no degree. Best wishes with your degree x

Thank youu appreciate it !
Reply 7
Original post by Alexty28

You're still in the midst of your second year, and a 2:2 grade is not definite at this point. Personally, I completed my second year with a 2:1 and expected that I would graduate with a 2:1 overall. However, in my third year, I consistently attained first-class marks, ultimately elevating my overall grade to a first-class honour upon graduation. Obviously, it depends on how your University weighs each year, but take it from me, spend a few extra hours in the library and work towards achieving the grade you want. So I wouldn't worry about this now, you have time and you can do it.

That’s great, Congratulations & thank youu !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending