The Student Room Group

Loneliness

What do you do when you have this feeling of being alone in the world. What do you turn to?
Reply 1
Olympiads and revision. Just finished ucas, nothing go revise, talked to an old friend from my old school at my new one during sports day, realised (again) i had no real friends, spent most of the day staring into space. Damn, i miss my old school, may just want to revise stuff for next year.
Reply 2
Original post by Imran M
Olympiads and revision. Just finished ucas, nothing go revise, talked to an old friend from my old school at my new one during sports day, realised (again) i had no real friends, spent most of the day staring into space. Damn, i miss my old school, may just want to revise stuff for next year.

Wow keep it up! So proud of you! Thanks x
Reply 3
Original post by Leegirl01
What do you do when you have this feeling of being alone in the world. What do you turn to?

Cake usually fills a bit of the hole :cake:
Reply 4
Always make sure to take care of yourself okay! Do something you enjoy, you could try focus on your interests. For example, watching a show or listening to music. I know this is kind of only a temporary fix but in my experience it's brought my mood up a lot, it's okay to feel alone but I'm sure there'll be people who can talk with you / understand you. You'll find them :h:

Reply 5
Original post by halations
Always make sure to take care of yourself okay! Do something you enjoy, you could try focus on your interests. For example, watching a show or listening to music. I know this is kind of only a temporary fix but in my experience it's brought my mood up a lot, it's okay to feel alone but I'm sure there'll be people who can talk with you / understand you. You'll find them :h:

Halations - What a beautiful reply thanks so much. X
dramas,novels,studying , cleaning,volunteering ,part time work, joining societies, talking to people, getting out of your comfort zone.I remember a few years ago I felt to lonely I couldn't go out and my home felt too depressing for me so I made myself busy so I don't have time to think about things . Focused on studying,worked,watched dramas and also volunteered .But lol at the end it was to much I got too tired and ended up messing everything . Failed a module, and fell ill. So I changed my mindset and always leave a day or 2 out for rest and don't take more than I can.I still don't have close friends but I found people I talk in the place where I volunteer. Best thing is routine have a good routine to stick to and be positive . Doing nothing all day and negative emotions plus overthinking are the root of loneliness.
Reply 7
Wow!!! So helpful, thanks so much ❤️

I watch comedians such as Kevin Bridges, Rhod Gilbert, Lee Evans, Dara O` Brian. Watching comedy cheers you up and gets rid of that feeling( well me atleast). I don't have many friends, just one or two, my experience in school was horrible and in college no one had any interest in me(granted I did nothing in my spare time except games) so getting invited anywhere was non existent and when i invited ppl to go to places, they all turned me down. I know I've went off topic slightly but finding friends is difficult so if you feel lonely, just remember your not alone in that department, we are all out there, just yet to meet.
i might join a group of people who share a common interest with me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest