The Student Room Group

"At first, they loved each other, but later they grew to hate."

"I've been studying with a girl for the past four years. Initially, she felt like just another friend to me, but gradually my feelings changed. First, I liked her, then she became interesting to me, and now, after three years, I think I might be in love with her.

However, I'm stuck and afraid.
Not because I fear rejection or feel embarrassed to express my feelings, but because I'm worried I might be mistaking a need for a relationship as love.

Truthfully, I'm a serious guy who's had a tough childhood. I've witnessed people around me claiming to love each other, only to end up hating one another. Their love seemed real at first, but eventually turned into dislike, similar to how kids quickly grow bored of toys.

Can anyone offer me advice?
Should I take it further and talk to her or Not ?"
Original post by AhadLatif
"I've been studying with a girl for the past four years. Initially, she felt like just another friend to me, but gradually my feelings changed. First, I liked her, then she became interesting to me, and now, after three years, I think I might be in love with her.

However, I'm stuck and afraid.
Not because I fear rejection or feel embarrassed to express my feelings, but because I'm worried I might be mistaking a need for a relationship as love.

Truthfully, I'm a serious guy who's had a tough childhood. I've witnessed people around me claiming to love each other, only to end up hating one another. Their love seemed real at first, but eventually turned into dislike, similar to how kids quickly grow bored of toys.

Can anyone offer me advice?
Should I take it further and talk to her or Not ?"
definitely talk to her, just because people around you haven't worked out doesn't mean you won't. and even if you don't work out, a relationship is something special.
Reply 2
First of all, thank you very much for your response.
As you said, if the people around us aren't successful in relationships, it doesn't mean we can never be. I've thought about this a lot and have come to the same conclusion as you. I think I should talk about it.
But,
as I mentioned, I haven't had many interactions with people since childhood, especially with girls. That's why I'm afraid that what I'm calling love might just be the effects of loneliness and solitude, and I might just want to be in a relationship with a girl.
Original post by AhadLatif
First of all, thank you very much for your response.
As you said, if the people around us aren't successful in relationships, it doesn't mean we can never be. I've thought about this a lot and have come to the same conclusion as you. I think I should talk about it.
But,
as I mentioned, I haven't had many interactions with people since childhood, especially with girls. That's why I'm afraid that what I'm calling love might just be the effects of loneliness and solitude, and I might just want to be in a relationship with a girl.
np, and even if it is the effects of loneliness and solitude, at least you won't be lonely
Reply 4
You are right !,I have to step out of this fear of unknown and loneliness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending