The Student Room Group

Funding for MSc Mental Health Nursing

Hi,
My name is Francois. I'm currently studying MSc Mental Health Nursing (2 years course).
I previously studied and completed a MA degree in Business (14 years ago), all paid for by myself. I've already applied for student finance support and was only able to do so after I was redirected to the undergraduate route on the SFE site. I've read some confusing information on the internet regarding funding for a second masters degree. My question is would i still qualify for student finance/grant for the MSc Mental Health Nursing even though i already have a master degree in Business which i paid by myself over a decade ago? Your prompt reaction would be much appreciated.
Thank you & Regards,
Francois
Original post by Francois97
Hi,
My name is Francois. I'm currently studying MSc Mental Health Nursing (2 years course).
I previously studied and completed a MA degree in Business (14 years ago), all paid for by myself. I've already applied for student finance support and was only able to do so after I was redirected to the undergraduate route on the SFE site. I've read some confusing information on the internet regarding funding for a second masters degree. My question is would i still qualify for student finance/grant for the MSc Mental Health Nursing even though i already have a master degree in Business which i paid by myself over a decade ago? Your prompt reaction would be much appreciated.
Thank you & Regards,
Francois

If your nursing course is a pre-registration masters then it should be an exception course that allows you to apply for undergraduate funding for both tuition fee and maintenance loans. So it won't matter that you already have a masters. :smile:

In addition, once it has been confirmed that you are eligible for student finance, you will be able to apply for the additional financial support offered by the NHS Learning Support Fund (if you study at a uni in England):

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending