The Student Room Group

Applying for Midwifery...is this anyone else's second undergraduate degree?

I have just applied via clearing for two midwifery courses, and wondering if anyone else has applied when having completed a degree already? I have a criminology degree, but always really wanted to do midwifery; I just got really scared when everyone said how hard it was to get in!

Ive now just applied to two courses through clearing, and its all different now, it seems, with the bursary being replaced with student finance/nhs grant. I don't think I can get SF again after my first degree, and was wondering if anyone else was in this situation?

Also, anyone else applied to UEL and ARU?

Thanks in advance!

Star x
Hi

I have also just applied for Midwifery as my second Undergrad and I'm just on her for interview advice haha

But I have just spoken to SF and they advise it is a exception degree so you will get SF even though you have done a undergrad before!

Hope you get onto the course and good luck!! :smile:
I'm also in the same boat, applied for mental health nursing after doing an undergrad in English. nursing, midwifery etc are exception courses so you still receive funding due to demand in these professions.

good luck with your studies!
Reply 3
Original post by stargazer77
I have just applied via clearing for two midwifery courses, and wondering if anyone else has applied when having completed a degree already? I have a criminology degree, but always really wanted to do midwifery; I just got really scared when everyone said how hard it was to get in!

Ive now just applied to two courses through clearing, and its all different now, it seems, with the bursary being replaced with student finance/nhs grant. I don't think I can get SF again after my first degree, and was wondering if anyone else was in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Star x

Hi Star!

We are in strangely similar positions. I just completed my degree in social work and hoping to get into UEL through clearing for Midwifery.

I called student finance England, you can just apply again as you did the first time. I forgot the name of the list, but Midwifery is one of many health / social care that can get funding regardless.

I called them to make sure (twice) and it will not be a problem. Then we should be able to apply for NHS bursaries to help pay these off.

Hope this helps,
RSB
Original post by stargazer77

Thanks in advance!

Star x

Hi there,

Have you spoken with our Money Advice team? They can help when it comes to all aspects of student finance whether that is budgeting, funding, or any other financial worries. Feel free to send them an email anytime [email protected]

Let us know if you have any other queries or questions!

Jemma
Hi @stargazer77,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

It will be best to contact student finance to confirm whether this will be possible. You can find their contact details here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england

In the mean time our Student Money Advice and Guidance Team (SMART) can also provide further guidance. They can give you advice, information and guidance on government and university funds so that you receive your full funding entitlement.
You also have the option to book a session with them should you wish to discuss your circumstance in more depth.
They can be contacted via telephone at 020 8223 4444.

Hope this helps :smile:

-Samantha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending