The Student Room Group

Night shift

Hi I am interested in doing the adult blended nursing undergraduate degree at coventry and wanted to know if it's possible to not do night shifts whilst on placements and how far would my placements be?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
i’m not at coventry uni but at mine, placements range from across the county and i haven’t had to work a night shift yet but i know many who have.
Reply 2
You are expected to experience the full spectrum of shifts as a student nurse, this will include working nights and weekends ay some points.
Original post by Shizaa
Hi I am interested in doing the adult blended nursing undergraduate degree at coventry and wanted to know if it's possible to not do night shifts whilst on placements and how far would my placements be?

You'll have to at some point do nightshifts as it's part of your coursework - there's a certain amount of nightshifts that you have to do as per NMC regulations. Like what the person said in there post to you ( post #3) you'll be expected to do the full spectrum of shifts that your hospital trust that your university is working with. It could be constant 12.5/13 hours day and Nightshift and weekends working or they may do a split shifts pattern ( example 6am - 2pm / 2pm -10pm & 10pm - 6am doing five days out of seven days per week) long shifts are split over the 7 days where you only doing 3 day's.

I didn't do any until end of first year and then more over the following two years.
Original post by okayykayy
i’m not at coventry uni but at mine, placements range from across the county and i haven’t had to work a night shift yet but i know many who have.
Original post by Shizaa

Hello @Shizaa

I hope you're well. To be honest, you would have to quite exceptional evidence to not be able to do night shifts - as it is a requirement that you are able to work all shift patterns. You would have to liaise with the Occupational Health team at Coventry University to see if they would able to sign you from night shifts. Placement areas can vary unfortunately, but you can always talk to the academic team about your mode of transport and suitable areas for you.

Best wishes,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending