The Student Room Group

Tesco gave me a timetable to work and then said I was took off the system

I’m a student and I’ve e worked in the summer for 3 months at an extra ( I work nights) And was given a contract to stay on so I could come back at Christmas at my home store.

I get sent a timetable by my manger roughly 2 weeks before my first shift and confirm it

I get asked to come in a few days before- I couldn’t I was in the opposite side of the country

I come into for my first shift- work it like any other shift

2nd shift (day after) we do team 5 meeting I get welcomed back with a couple of colleagues. I then get sent to managers office and get told there’s a problem

Apparently I was taken off the system a few months ago without being told and cannot be put back on the system

They’ve only told me this now and said that they would struggle to even pay me back for my last shift.

They’ve literally given me a timetable of shifts from the 18th Dec to 7th of Jan and stopped me looking for a temp job elsewhere over Christmas.
Reply 1
Original post by Big_snipezz99
I’m a student and I’ve e worked in the summer for 3 months at an extra ( I work nights) And was given a contract to stay on so I could come back at Christmas at my home store.

I get sent a timetable by my manger roughly 2 weeks before my first shift and confirm it

I get asked to come in a few days before- I couldn’t I was in the opposite side of the country

I come into for my first shift- work it like any other shift

2nd shift (day after) we do team 5 meeting I get welcomed back with a couple of colleagues. I then get sent to managers office and get told there’s a problem

Apparently I was taken off the system a few months ago without being told and cannot be put back on the system

They’ve only told me this now and said that they would struggle to even pay me back for my last shift.

They’ve literally given me a timetable of shifts from the 18th Dec to 7th of Jan and stopped me looking for a temp job elsewhere over Christmas.

Tbh, it's Tesco for you. I did payroll at the company and had loads of issues when the management opt-ed to down grade the property to a metro.
Just keep your hours and tell your manager.
Clock in cards was also non existent and management didn't care about my employees.
So keep in touch with your payroll contact at the store and the rest is CCTV evidence on your working shift to counteract your lack of wages.
I felt when I was a student, I ran all departments in Tesco as the mgt was just basic folks from over privileged back grounds - downgrading for supreme authority.
Keep your records on times and you will be good to argue your loss.
Reply 2
Plus there system can do emergency payments on request of the store manager. There system was 1998 in 2018 but the function should still be there as (no name/ wasn't registered but we owed him 2k in wages. A student like us. Forgotten in the corporate organisation on cut backs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending