The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading Clearing 2023

This is a thread to discuss the University of Reading for Clearing 2023.

You can find their current clearing webpage here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

You can find more support in our Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

Good luck with everything!
Hey Everyone,

Welcome to the Clearing thread! If you have any questions about courses or life in Reading, please do let us know.
We will be on hand on this thread to try to help if you need us!

Good luck to everyone going through clearing this year - we are rooting for you!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi,
What do you look for/consider in clearing applicants? What happens during the phone call when applying through clearing? What makes me stand out? Can I offer an updated personal statement? I am super interested and excited to be potentially a student at UoR, so I want to be prepared if I need to apply through clearing. Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
What do you look for/consider in clearing applicants? What happens during the phone call when applying through clearing? What makes me stand out? Can I offer an updated personal statement? I am super interested and excited to be potentially a student at UoR, so I want to be prepared if I need to apply through clearing. Thank you!

Hi Anonymous,
So great to hear that you're thinking about coming to Reading!! Whilst I can't answer all of these questions myself as I didn't enter through, I'll do my best :smile:
Firstly, I'd encourage you to check out all our Clearing FAQs here to give you a better idea of what to expect. I don't believe you can offer an updated personal statement unfortunately as Clearing does occur through UCAS, but you can apply to receive more specific information and also fill out our online form instead of calling. The call will likely follow a similar process to the online form and your UCAS application - asking for your details, about the course you're interested in, your grades and a little more about you and your interests. Then you'll receive some communication through email and UCAS informing you of decisions - this can take some time as there will likely be lots of clearing applicants so try not to worry!

Here at Reading we're all about individuality and expression, so there's no set criteria you have to meet - of course apart from an interest in your subject, qualifying grades, that kind of thing. The more extracurriculars, extra reading or work experience the better so you have more to talk about and show your dedication to the subject and your personal development so we know you'll be a great fit for the course! Just be yourself, try and be confident and maybe have a look through our student life pages to find out about a few opportunities we offer such as RED Awards or THRIVE mentoring that you can talk about to show you've done your research! Also, check out the subject page for the course you're interested in on the top link of the left hand side of this page to see what skills and key words you can use/demonstrate in the call.

Most of all, don't worry and trust in your abilities and achievements! If you have any other questions please let us know and we'll do our best to help 😊
Kat
BA History Graduate
Hello I am panicking a bit at the moment because I accepted an offer but they are having a problem processing my grades since
It looks like it might take a week as I had to apply for an early certificate for this
How quickly can a clearing place be given?
Can clearing places still happen in September
Im really devastated now it would take longer
Hello I am panicking a bit at the moment because I accepted an offer but they are having a problem processing my grades since
It looks like it might take a week as I had to apply for an early certificate for this
How quickly can a clearing place be given?
Can clearing places still happen in September
Im really devastated now it would take longer

Hey Anonymous

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a stressful time! That can't be easy at all and seems super unfair on you:frown:

Have you accepted the offer from Reading and are they the ones that have gotten in touch to say they're having trouble processing the grades? If so, have they given you any indication as to what they will do in this instance i.e. whether or not they will wait for your grades and hold the place or not?
If not, or even if so and you still want further clarification, I think the best thing to do in this instance would be to ring up our admissions team on +44 (0) 118 378 8372 or our Clearing team on +44 0118 402 0900, explain the situation you are in, and ask for their advice on what your options might be at this point/what they suggest you should do.
It might be worth having a look at our Clearing page to see if your course is still open for clearing / if it is full, and for all other details about clearing at Reading. However, I'm wondering if you would need to go through clearing if it is a technical issue and not your fault, or if the university might be able to do something with your previous offer - so definitely ring up and chat to someone!

I'm so sorry this has happened for you. Please let us know if you have any questions that we might be able to help with and I really hope this gets sorted for you soon!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Hello,
does anyone know how long it would take for the confirmation email to be sent from the university after applying through call?
Hello,
does anyone know how long it would take for the confirmation email to be sent from the university after applying through call?

Hey @Anonymous,
Usually an offer email is triggered after a verbal offer is made via phone, but confirmation can take longer as we have to confirm qualifications - maybe a week or two? If you’re worried get in touch with admissions directly and they can investigate it - you can contact them via email at [email protected] or via telephone +44 (0) 118 378 8372.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! :smile:
Kat
BA History Graduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending