The Student Room Group

Doing Year 13 without Year 12

I'm going to do year 13 without doing year 12.
Hello, I want to apply to cambridge uni, currently I'm 16 (will be 17 in august) and I want to do natural sciences (physics) in cambridge. I went to a sixth form and talked to them about my situation, I don't have GCSE (cuz I'm coming from another country) but my equivalents are equal to GCE AS-Level, the sixth form is more likely to give me an offer for Further math, math, Physics and chemistry for year 13. Do you think is it too much for me? and does cambridge asks for your as-level grade?
It means a lot to me if you leave me an answer or guide me :wink:
They don’t ask for AS levels (unless you’ve sat them) as they’re no longer a part of A levels (previously everyone took them at the end of year 12 but it’s rare now - most just use ‘AS’ to designate first year a level courses but don’t sit the exams). The only issue might be how what you’ve learnt actually lined up with the year 12 content as each subject and exam board has quite specific spec.
Overall though, if what you’ve done is AS equivalent and your college is happy to let you start in y13 then you should be fine and no - unis won’t mind (they might be cautious with you being under 18 when you start but that’s more a social/legal (since there is more safeguarding and guardianship stuff if you’re not an adult) than academic issue).
Sorry this was so long but I hope I’ve made some sense and it helps at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending