The Student Room Group

Moving sixth form

Do you think it is possible to change sixth form at the end of year 12 without retaking the year? I hate my school and I can't handle staying here another year but I can't retake because I want to do dentistry and the universities only allow you to do the alevel course once.
Reply 1
Original post by dilaral
Do you think it is possible to change sixth form at the end of year 12 without retaking the year? I hate my school and I can't handle staying here another year but I can't retake because I want to do dentistry and the universities only allow you to do the alevel course once.

You'll have to speak to the 6th form you wan't to move to and explain your circumstances to them, i'm sure they will be accomodating. Switching exam boards might be difficult but if you're doing dentistry then I'm sure you're smart enough to handle that. I have a friend that moved sixth form between y12 and y13 and found it much better for their mental health - but just contact the 6th form and ask :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emilia3
You'll have to speak to the 6th form you wan't to move to and explain your circumstances to them, i'm sure they will be accomodating. Switching exam boards might be difficult but if you're doing dentistry then I'm sure you're smart enough to handle that. I have a friend that moved sixth form between y12 and y13 and found it much better for their mental health - but just contact the 6th form and ask :smile:

thanks so much, my dad works at the sixth form i want to go to too so maybe thatll give me an advantage :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by dilaral
thanks so much, my dad works at the sixth form i want to go to too so maybe thatll give me an advantage :biggrin:

heyy, did u end up doing it? if so how was it (im in a similar situation except i need to move bc my schools closing 😀)
Reply 4
I ended up staying at my school for year 13 but I didn’t end up sitting my exams due to my mental health being so bad so I left and this year I resat year 13 at a new sixth form. It was soo much better for my mental health, I got more support and my grades are so much better and I am going to sit my exams this summer. I would say if u have the opportunity to change schools then definitely do it because it can have such a big impact on ur studies and mental health.
Reply 5
Original post by dilaral
I ended up staying at my school for year 13 but I didn’t end up sitting my exams due to my mental health being so bad so I left and this year I resat year 13 at a new sixth form. It was soo much better for my mental health, I got more support and my grades are so much better and I am going to sit my exams this summer. I would say if u have the opportunity to change schools then definitely do it because it can have such a big impact on ur studies and mental health.

Hi. Did you do the same exam boards at when you went to a different 6form? I just finished yr 12 and I'm going to yr 13 thiw September but I will be transferring to a different 6form. I need to do exams for them to assess my suitability and also for me to get my predicted grades. I'm so worried and lost because 2 of my subjects are a different exam board😭. I don't know where to begin. I'm so stressed and I've got only 2 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending