The Student Room Group

Using clearing

Hello everyone,
I have an offer from a course, they’re just waiting for me to show my qualifications and give a reference which I have done , so I’m currently waiting to here back from them after they have looked at it. However, I wanted to take a look at clearing today but when it gives me the option to look at clearing I get scared that I’ll click it and lose the offer I have at the moment. What do I do? Can I look at the courses?
Original post by ru2201sh
Hello everyone,
I have an offer from a course, they’re just waiting for me to show my qualifications and give a reference which I have done , so I’m currently waiting to here back from them after they have looked at it. However, I wanted to take a look at clearing today but when it gives me the option to look at clearing I get scared that I’ll click it and lose the offer I have at the moment. What do I do? Can I look at the courses?

You can see the courses which still have availability via UCAS Search, here. Once you've typed in a keyword to search for it'll ask whether or not you're looking for courses which are in Clearing.

Alternatively, many universities shows the courses they have in Clearing on their own web sites. @PQ has put together a great list of those here.

Viewing any of these pages will have zero impact on your current offer.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You can see the courses which still have availability via UCAS Search, here. Once you've typed in a keyword to search for it'll ask whether or not you're looking for courses which are in Clearing.

Alternatively, many universities shows the courses they have in Clearing on their own web sites. @PQ has put together a great list of those here.

Viewing any of these pages will have zero impact on your current offer.

Thank you, this has been very helpful.
Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in Clearing. To find out more about Clearing please have a look at the UCAS webpage here:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/what-clearing

If you wish to consider applying to Oxford Brookes via Clearing, further instructions can be found here:
https://www.brookes.ac.uk/clearing

As you will read, you can apply through Clearing if:

- You decided to apply directly to university
- You changed your mind about what or where you want to study
- You missed your grades
- You did not get the offer you wanted
- You decided to give university a go.

One way to receive a Clearing offer is through phone call, so if you know which course you are interested in and have your results already, the University can look now and advise if they could make you a Clearing offer.

I hope this helps!

Matilde
Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending