The Student Room Group

Does acne only go away when your older?

Im 20 and ive had quite a few medications few acne im even taking some tablets right now. My acne on my back is really bad and it seems like ill never get rid of it which is a shame because i would like to go swimming which i cant because im just too insecure with my my really bad acne on my back.
Reply 1
Sorry this is such a big problem for you, and hope the tablets help. You could always swim in a rash vest if you don't want to expose your back?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
Sorry this is such a big problem for you, and hope the tablets help. You could always swim in a rash vest if you don't want to expose your back?

Hmmm yeah i guess that sounds like a good idea, ill look them up
It certainly did for me, more so when I began to drink water almost exclusively.

Can't speak for backne tho, never had it.
Reply 4
Original post by harpermlr
Are you eating right? You know that everything must be in a complex. That is, medicine, proper care, proper nutrition

Yep i go for runs, do calisthenics. Eat right. But ive been told acne has nothing to do with that sadly.
Original post by Anonymous
Im 20 and ive had quite a few medications few acne im even taking some tablets right now. My acne on my back is really bad and it seems like ill never get rid of it which is a shame because i would like to go swimming which i cant because im just too insecure with my my really bad acne on my back.

Unfortunately, some people are just genetically predisposed to getting acne, depending on their skin make up. It may ease as you get older but many adults still get spots. You'll find out eventually what skincare routine suits your skin best.

Quick Reply

Latest