The Student Room Group

best a levels for marketing/advertising degree

hi im currently doing gcses in english lit, english lang, biology, french, geography, economics and maths and im looking to maybe do advertising or marketing at uni as im quite creative but also interested in business. what a levels would best suit this?
Hello,

According to the UCAS website, marketing at some of the top universities often value A-level combinations that consist of Business, English language, Media studies and some even ask for Maths. I would most certainly say do business as your also interested in that on its own, English language and/or Media studies depending on which one you think you prefer and then look at some specific courses at potential universities for you to see what they typically accept people on to figure out your third A-level. An EPQ may be beneficial as well as it is a research project alongside your other A-levels and can show universities your abilities, though it can be a bit much- I recommend taking it as a 4th option if you want to try it as you can always drop it that way later.

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by please help me x
Hello,

According to the UCAS website, marketing at some of the top universities often value A-level combinations that consist of Business, English language, Media studies and some even ask for Maths. I would most certainly say do business as your also interested in that on its own, English language and/or Media studies depending on which one you think you prefer and then look at some specific courses at potential universities for you to see what they typically accept people on to figure out your third A-level. An EPQ may be beneficial as well as it is a research project alongside your other A-levels and can show universities your abilities, though it can be a bit much- I recommend taking it as a 4th option if you want to try it as you can always drop it that way later.

Hope this helps:smile:

sounds great i was thinking maybe business, media and geography or politics as a third option. epq looks interesting too so i’ll definitely look into that.
Reply 3
Maths - these degrees include lots of data and stats work and often A Level Maths or a high GCSE grade is required.

Economics - useful.
Any essay-based subject - useful.
Original post by Eaterwheat
sounds great i was thinking maybe business, media and geography or politics as a third option. epq looks interesting too so i’ll definitely look into that.

Depends on the university you are interested in. Some do not like business or media studies. Maths is the one that opens most doors. Geography would be a good second choice or a written subject wlike English, History or Politics. Your 3rd subject can be Business or Media.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Maths - these degrees include lots of data and stats work and often A Level Maths or a high GCSE grade is required.

Economics - useful.
Any essay-based subject - useful.

yeah im not the best at maths so idk if its a good idea but i could give it a look.

Quick Reply

Latest