The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Clearing 2023

This is a thread to discuss Birmingham City University for Clearing 2023.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

You can find more support in our Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

Good luck with everything!
Does anyone think radiography will end up in clearing on results day - is it normally there and do you think they'd accept BBC or BCC
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone think radiography will end up in clearing on results day - is it normally there and do you think they'd accept BBC or BCC

Hi there,

I've just had a look at our website and the Diagnostic Radiography course is now full for 2023 entry. Have you applied for Radiology already and are awaiting results?

If you're waiting for your results and have applied already, and are worried about meeting your offer, I would wait until results day to see if you can be accepted.

If this is not the case, feel free to drop a reply to this message and I can let you know about some other routes you might be interested in if BCU can't offer a place through clearing.

Hope this helps,

Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi there,

I've just had a look at our website and the Diagnostic Radiography course is now full for 2023 entry. Have you applied for Radiology already and are awaiting results?

If you're waiting for your results and have applied already, and are worried about meeting your offer, I would wait until results day to see if you can be accepted.

If this is not the case, feel free to drop a reply to this message and I can let you know about some other routes you might be interested in if BCU can't offer a place through clearing.

Hope this helps,

Emily

Hi, hanks for the reply
I've not applied yet. Do you know if it was available in clearing last year on results day
Do you know if there are any other ways of getting into the course, like a foundation year
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, hanks for the reply
I've not applied yet. Do you know if it was available in clearing last year on results day
Do you know if there are any other ways of getting into the course, like a foundation year

No worries!

I'm unsure if it was available last year.

There are foundation courses available at BCU, but I've had a look and there isn't one specific to radiography. However, there are other foundations available in the health sciences area which you might be interested in?
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/health-sciences/courses#results
These are the ones I could find for you.

There is also the option of a diagnostic radiography degree apprenticeship which you can apply for. You would find the apprenticeship/employer independently and would complete it alongside studying at BCU. This would mean gaining experience in an active working environment while also studying alongside.
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/diagnostic-radiography-bsc-apprenticeship-2023-24
Above is the webpage with more information on this.

It may also be worth giving the university clearing line a call on results day to see whether any places have become available. The number that you can call on results day (17th August) is: 0121 331 6777

If you're still stuck with what to do, there is a useful blog on the website talking you through some others options, like taking a gap year, or applying to alternative courses: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing/confused-about-clearing/no-places

I think the degree apprenticeship looks like a good option as it's the closest available option to completing the degree course. But like I said, you are welcome to give the university a call on results day as places my become available.

I hope this helps and please ask any questions if you need to.

Emily
Reply 5
Hi there! I’m thinking of applying to a course in clearing, but haven’t applied through UCAS yet since it’s a new choice (my first year of uni elsewhere was very difficult mental health wise). I’m just wondering whether I should apply through UCAS or the BCU clearing form, or both? I only want to apply to the one course so I think I’d prefer to just go through BCU but I’m not sure if that would affect chances of getting in or anything? Thanks :smile:
Original post by beth_bch
Hi there! I’m thinking of applying to a course in clearing, but haven’t applied through UCAS yet since it’s a new choice (my first year of uni elsewhere was very difficult mental health wise). I’m just wondering whether I should apply through UCAS or the BCU clearing form, or both? I only want to apply to the one course so I think I’d prefer to just go through BCU but I’m not sure if that would affect chances of getting in or anything? Thanks :smile:

Hi @beth_bch

That's great!

If you are ready, you can use the BCU Clearing application online. I'll put the Clearing homepage below for you.

I believe applying via UCAS is pretty similar to applying through BCU direct, so I wouldn't worry if you choose either application process.

Here is the BCU clearing page: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing
If you type in your course, you should be able to submit your application.

Best of luck!
Emily
Hi @beth_bch

That's great!

If you are ready, you can use the BCU Clearing application online. I'll put the Clearing homepage below for you.

I believe applying via UCAS is pretty similar to applying through BCU direct, so I wouldn't worry if you choose either application process.

Here is the BCU clearing page: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing
If you type in your course, you should be able to submit your application.

Best of luck!
Emily

I really WNANA get into bcu for diagnostic radiography ans I had it as my insurance chocie but I acted too late and missed the deadline to swap my firm and insurance chocie ls
I’m regretting tht so much now cux my firm has accepted me but that means bcu rejected me even tho that was my orgional offer. I’ve called but they say it’s full. I was really hopeful that I’ll get a place at BCU
I checked apprenticeships as well ask unfortunately there’s none available at this time.
I’d there anywy I can transfer into BCU the second year?
Or if I apply thru ucas the next year is there any chance I can get in considering I got BCC in my a levels?
Original post by bismah_ahmed02
I really WNANA get into bcu for diagnostic radiography ans I had it as my insurance chocie but I acted too late and missed the deadline to swap my firm and insurance chocie ls
I’m regretting tht so much now cux my firm has accepted me but that means bcu rejected me even tho that was my orgional offer. I’ve called but they say it’s full. I was really hopeful that I’ll get a place at BCU
I checked apprenticeships as well ask unfortunately there’s none available at this time.
I’d there anywy I can transfer into BCU the second year?
Or if I apply thru ucas the next year is there any chance I can get in considering I got BCC in my a levels?

Hi @bismah_ahmed02

We do do second year transfers, however, this is not guaranteed as the modules you have studied at your current university need to match up with the modules at BCU.

You could re-apply in the main cycle next year but again, I can't say whether you would be accepted or not, sorry!

I'd recommend contacting our enquiries line as they'd be able to give you more information about transferring in your second year or re-applying next year: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/about-us/contact-details/applicants

Sorry I couldn't be more help but wishing you lots of luck!
Abbie :smile:
Hi @bismah_ahmed02

We do do second year transfers, however, this is not guaranteed as the modules you have studied at your current university need to match up with the modules at BCU.

You could re-apply in the main cycle next year but again, I can't say whether you would be accepted or not, sorry!

I'd recommend contacting our enquiries line as they'd be able to give you more information about transferring in your second year or re-applying next year: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/about-us/contact-details/applicants

Sorry I couldn't be more help but wishing you lots of luck!
Abbie :smile:

hi abbie!
thank you for the reply
any chnace you know if they will accept a transfer from the uni of Leicester. and does BCU do deferred entries?
thank yu so much =))
Original post by bismah_ahmed02
hi abbie!
thank you for the reply
any chnace you know if they will accept a transfer from the uni of Leicester. and does BCU do deferred entries?
thank yu so much =))

Hey! I'm really sorry, not too sure, definitely one to ask admissions about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending