The Student Room Group

Just been made redundant- HELP

unfortunately I have just been made redundant and Its very confusing as the company has basically went bankrupt, so we have to make a claim into the government for redundancy.

I have most of the correct details to fill in the redundancy claim form, however we are still waiting on one or two details about pay owed to us.

When it comes to the average amount of hours I worked a week I was told by a manager that its best to type that I worked more than my 27 hours average. So should I put 27 hours on the form? as that was my average or should I put that I worked a higher amount like I was advised?

Also, if anything on the form is filled in incorrectly would I need to amend it or Would the redundancy company do this for me? As I was told not to worry as it would be automatically fixed if we didn't input the correct numbers.

please if you have any info please help.
Original post by Musicgirl97
unfortunately I have just been made redundant and Its very confusing as the company has basically went bankrupt, so we have to make a claim into the government for redundancy.

I have most of the correct details to fill in the redundancy claim form, however we are still waiting on one or two details about pay owed to us.

When it comes to the average amount of hours I worked a week I was told by a manager that its best to type that I worked more than my 27 hours average. So should I put 27 hours on the form? as that was my average or should I put that I worked a higher amount like I was advised?

Also, if anything on the form is filled in incorrectly would I need to amend it or Would the redundancy company do this for me? As I was told not to worry as it would be automatically fixed if we didn't input the correct numbers.

please if you have any info please help.

No-one should be telling you to lie on a form. You have to calculate the average number of hours you did, if that was more than 27 then put the true figure down. You don't have to be limited to what you were contracted if you did more than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending