The Student Room Group

Did anyone else do a Kickstart scheme and how did you find it?

Curious if anyone else experienced similar weirdness. The company we were at seemed to use the scheme to balance its books, and routinely paid people late and paid less than was expected. We reported it multiple times to our work coaches and were told they were investigating it but nothing happened after that. Always wondered if this was a wider thing than just the company we were at..
Reply 1
Original post by Yvette.P
Curious if anyone else experienced similar weirdness. The company we were at seemed to use the scheme to balance its books, and routinely paid people late and paid less than was expected. We reported it multiple times to our work coaches and were told they were investigating it but nothing happened after that. Always wondered if this was a wider thing than just the company we were at..

Yes, I did a Kickstart scam.

I certainly experienced similar corruption. I've just been made redundant from a job that started out as a Kickstart scheme.
I was ignored then muscled out, first by an apprentice who received all the training I should have done, and then two privileged new recruits who spent lockdowns receiving 80% of their wage for doing nothing.

I was used and abused on this scheme, and now the Jobcentre are having a go at me because I've been on UC before.

I didn't receive any help with my CV/LinkedIn/employability either.

I never had any issues with pay, but I've always wondered where that £1500 lump sum (for equipment, uniform and training) went.

Quick Reply

Latest