The Student Room Group

Late submission of internal assessment report

My university transfer my PhD course to MPhil because late submission of Internal assessment (1st year) report. But report and presentation was good, examiners feedback. Can i appeal the decision, will it success?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by urusri
My university transfer my PhD course to MPhil because late submission of Internal assessment (1st year) report. But report and presentation was good, examiners feedback. Can i appeal the decision, will it success?

You can appeal, and the appeal will be judged according to the university's rules.

Why was the report submitted late, though? Was that in your control, or did external factors make it late?
Reply 2
Thank you. I’ll appeal it.

University didn’t allocate the room for Internal assessment exam. I was waiting till room allocation to submit the report. They said, report should be emailed before deadline, doesn’t matter of room allocations. Is my reason accountable?

(Original post by martin7)
You can appeal, and the appeal will be judged according to the university's rules.

Why was the report submitted late, though? Was that in your control, or did external factors make it late?
Reply 3
Original post by urusri
Thank you. I’ll appeal it.

University didn’t allocate the room for Internal assessment exam. I was waiting till room allocation to submit the report. They said, report should be emailed before deadline, doesn’t matter of room allocations. Is my reason accountable

I'd expect the university to set a specific date, and if you miss that date then you've missed the deadline.

It seems unlikely that the university would have told you something like "The report must be submitted before 30th June, or when we've allocated a room for the meeting, whichever comes later."

How much time did you miss the submission deadline by? Are we talking a day or two, or weeks, or what?

You should contact your Student Union for advice, and talk to your supervisor. If the feedback from your report and presentation was good, your supervisor might be able to make the case that your error in submitting late should be overlooked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending