The Student Room Group

late assigment submission

where we submit our assigments wasnt allowing me to upload it through the required software and i was trying to submit it last minute (i know its my own fault)
so i quickly emailed my module leader the copy of my work but it was on the dot the time of the dealine - 4pm do you think she will accept it or cap it? i have asked her but i doubt she'll repond anytime soon and im just wondering
Original post by Anonymous
where we submit our assigments wasnt allowing me to upload it through the required software and i was trying to submit it last minute (i know its my own fault)
so i quickly emailed my module leader the copy of my work but it was on the dot the time of the dealine - 4pm do you think she will accept it or cap it? i have asked her but i doubt she'll repond anytime soon and im just wondering

Did you take screenshots of the technical problems?

Without evidence that there was a problem then there’s no obligation on your tutor or the university to accept submission past the deadline and not through the official process.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there

Unfortunately, I do not know if there is a certain answer for your situation. Perhaps you could try emailing your course's student support, they may be able to help you. (Perhaps by proving when the word document was last edited?) However, I am unsure if this would resolve your problem.

Good luck
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
Technically, you have not submitted the assessment and that will be logged in the system. You can still submit it, of course, providing you are within the permitted late period, it will be accepted as a late submission. Then you could make a PMC/EC application to ask that the penalty be lifted due to technical problems - but you would need supporting evidence. BTW where I am, 4pm is classed as LATE, the work has to be sbmitted by 3:59.
Reply 4
Original post by cheadle
Technically, you have not submitted the assessment and that will be logged in the system. You can still submit it, of course, providing you are within the permitted late period, it will be accepted as a late submission. Then you could make a PMC/EC application to ask that the penalty be lifted due to technical problems - but you would need supporting evidence. BTW where I am, 4pm is classed as LATE, the work has to be sbmitted by 3:59.

I echo this.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that it is usually expected that you submit with time to account for errors. It's good that you've emailed your professor - it may still be marked but with a grade cap - I hope that it works out!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending