The Student Room Group

Fake ambulance report as I did uni assignment late?

Hey, so I didn't see I had an assignment due about a week ago which is worth part of my grade, I did it late and submitted it but I won't get the marks. A few days after it was due I had a head injury, will I get caught if I request the ambulance report and knock a few days off it to send it into my uni as "extenuating circumstances" pretending it happened before. Can my uni verify this with them? It's not the NHS. (Trying to say as little details a possible so sorry for the obscurity)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't realise it was due as uni has been a lot different to college - this is my first year. I didn't even realise it was due as I didn't check my calendar until later.
Just accept the L and keep track of your assignments going forward. First year normally counts little if anything towards your final degree classification, and the massive fraud you are proposing to ameliorate the minimal loss is a very steep slippery slope you're looking down.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Just accept the L and keep track of your assignments going forward. First year normally counts little if anything towards your final degree classification, and the massive fraud you are proposing to ameliorate the minimal loss is a very steep slippery slope you're looking down.

I won't get my scholarship for the next year unless I maintain 60% for the year.
Reply 4

Slippery slope as in just this is bad?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I won't get my scholarship for the next year unless I maintain 60% for the year.

How much is this assignment worth as a percentage of your year's marks?
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
How much is this assignment worth as a percentage of your year's marks?

15% of the module. I've missed 5% of another module though, through the same mistake.
15% of the module. I've missed 5% of another module though, through the same mistake.

And do these errors put your 60% at risk?
Reply 8
And do these errors put your 60% at risk?

I assume so, it was an easy quiz that I could have completed. Seems like a waste to try and not get marks.
I assume so, it was an easy quiz that I could have completed. Seems like a waste to try and not get marks.

Seems like an effing stupid idea to risk getting kicked out for something trivial?
Original post by Anonymous

And if you are caught, which doesn't seem that unlikely, it's quite possible you will be removed from the course - as accidentally missing a deadline or unintentionally committing plagiarism even is one thing, intentionally falsifying official medical documents to obtain an unfair advantage is quite another and I doubt will be given the same lenience other "mistakes" may be. Therefore your scholarship will be null and void.

So maybe the solution is to actually get your **** together, start approaching uni maturely and stop wasting your scholarship money with stupid things like repeatedly missing deadlines.

Also at most unis in the UK if you submit after the deadline but within a certain period of time you will get marks, they will just be capped at the minimal pass (40% normally), which is better than nothing and far better than being kicked out.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 11
And if you are caught, which doesn't seem that unlikely, it's quite possible you will be removed from the course - as accidentally missing a deadline or unintentionally committing plagiarism even is one thing, intentionally falsifying official medical documents to obtain an unfair advantage is quite another and I doubt will be given the same lenience other "mistakes" may be.

Is it possible for universities to verify if the medical documents are true?
Reply 12
Seems like an effing stupid idea to risk getting kicked out for something trivial?

I was trying to evaluate the risk.
Reply 13
And if you are caught, which doesn't seem that unlikely, it's quite possible you will be removed from the course - as accidentally missing a deadline or unintentionally committing plagiarism even is one thing, intentionally falsifying official medical documents to obtain an unfair advantage is quite another and I doubt will be given the same lenience other "mistakes" may be. Therefore your scholarship will be null and void.

So maybe the solution is to actually get your **** together, start approaching uni maturely and stop wasting your scholarship money with stupid things like repeatedly missing deadlines.

Also at most unis in the UK if you submit after the deadline but within a certain period of time you will get marks, they will just be capped at the minimal pass (40% normally), which is better than nothing and far better than being kicked out.

I've checked I get 0% if it's late. I didn't even know it was set which was the issue as I didn't see it.
Is it possible for universities to verify if the medical documents are true?

Yes...they can also just as easily ask for additional evidence and then you either have to continue your fraud (which when/if it gets discovered will make things much, much worse for you) or have your original fraud found out.
I've checked I get 0% if it's late. I didn't even know it was set which was the issue as I didn't see it.

This is your fault and your problem - mitigating circumstances consideration is for people who had genuinely unforseen circumstances prevent them from achieving what they are able. Committing fraud does not actually solve the problem, which is the pattern of behaviour you have evidently fallen into where you aren't bothering to keep on top of things or check them and are hoping that you will have some deus ex machina to pull you out of the hole you dug yourself.

As I said, get your **** together and do better next time if you know you need to maintain a certain grade level to continue your scholarship.
I was trying to evaluate the risk.

Risk = significant.
Reward = minor.
Reply 16
Surely this is not real?

Jesus ******* Christ.
How are you just not seeing your set assignments but other students do see them and get them done? The assignments must be posted by email, or the course portal or some other way for others to see them. So get clued up on which channel they’re distributed and make sure you watch it like a hawk. Don’t falsify documents because unis can check that and if you’re expelled for fraud I can promise you your situation is going to be much, much more dire than it is now.
Hey, so I didn't see I had an assignment due about a week ago which is worth part of my grade, I did it late and submitted it but I won't get the marks. A few days after it was due I had a head injury, will I get caught if I request the ambulance report and knock a few days off it to send it into my uni as "extenuating circumstances" pretending it happened before. Can my uni verify this with them? It's not the NHS. (Trying to say as little details a possible so sorry for the obscurity)

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend altering your ambulance report as if you are caught out you could face disciplinary action as a result of lying. ECs are given only when needed and if you lie about needing them this could have a huge impact on your future academic studies.

I know it isn't ideal to hand in a late submission, but in these circumstances, I would say just to accept it and try to stay on top of your studies from here on in and ensure the rest of your work is submitted on time to obtain the best grades.

I hope this is of some assistance,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
Just to note that if you have submitted work late before, (as noted in #7 above), this is exactly the kind of thing the uni will try to verify rather than just accepting on goodwill.

Given that your funding is at risk for not maintaining the AWM, I'm a bit befuddled that you haven't had all your ducks in a row multiple times now. It seems like you should be well motivated to keep your nose clean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending