The Student Room Group

Changing Modules

Hey all, hoping someone is able to advise!

I had requested to change 1 module for my final year back in May and was told that I was put on the top of the waiting list and that I was currently the only student on the list. Since, my university has also confirmed that module changes / requests are accepted on a first come first serve basis. Moreover, the module I was requesting to be put on was not yet at full capacity. I also luckily have all this information in written evidence from the uni.

Now, due to admin error, the university is not letting me change modules. Apparently, my request was missed and the module is now full. They cannot make any changes or exceptions, despite me being at the top of the original waiting list.

Has anybody ever been in this situation or have any recommendations on what I can do to dispute the universities decision?

Thank you :smile:
Hi,
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University,
I've not been in this situation however I do recommend potentially getting in contact with your universities dispute team and seeing if there is anything that they can recommend you to do, especially as you said, you have proof that the university accepted your request to move on the first come first serve basis. This evidence is a great thing to have in this situation.
I'd recommend doing some research about how to get into contact with the dispute team and go from there. If they aren't able to help, they could be able to point you in the right direction.

I apologise that you're going through this, I could imagine how frustrating it is.
I hope this gets sorted for you soon!
Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice Courtney! I have already made a complaint with the university and have been told to expect a decision and response next week so fingers crossed!
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi,
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University,
I've not been in this situation however I do recommend potentially getting in contact with your universities dispute team and seeing if there is anything that they can recommend you to do, especially as you said, you have proof that the university accepted your request to move on the first come first serve basis. This evidence is a great thing to have in this situation.
I'd recommend doing some research about how to get into contact with the dispute team and go from there. If they aren't able to help, they could be able to point you in the right direction.

I apologise that you're going through this, I could imagine how frustrating it is.
I hope this gets sorted for you soon!
Kind regards,
Courtney H

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending