The Student Room Group

If I change course

Will the uni change the credits as well? It’s 20 each but with the new course it’s 30 each.. I hope they do because I want to finish this degree
Original post by Anonymous
Will the uni change the credits as well? It’s 20 each but with the new course it’s 30 each.. I hope they do because I want to finish this degree

Unless the two courses are very closely related, it's unlikely than any of the credits from your old course will be carried across to your new course - meaning that you're effectively starting again.

If you goal is "to finish this degree", then finish the one you started rather than switching to a new one.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Unless the two courses are very closely related, it's unlikely than any of the credits from your old course will be carried across to your new course - meaning that you're effectively starting again.

If you goal is "to finish this degree", then finish the one you started rather than switching to a new one.

It is closely related like 95% of the modules is so similar and I could ask them to change the credits
Original post by Anonymous
It is closely related like 95% of the modules is so similar and I could ask them to change the credits

Are you saying that the same module is worth 20 credits when it forms part of one course, but worth 30 credits when it forms part of another course?

I've never heard of such a thing. I think you're going to need to approach your university on this one.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Are you saying that the same module is worth 20 credits when it forms part of one course, but worth 30 credits when it forms part of another course?

I've never heard of such a thing. I think you're going to need to approach your university on this one.

Yes. So they would have to change the 20 credits to 30 if I change courses which means I would get a 240 in total and I can go into third year. I have sent the form and will talk to my head of uni course about this, if they do change the credits then I can go into third year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending