The Student Room Group

Can I get funding for a DipHE after completing a CertHE in a different subject?

Hi, I’m planning on contacting student finance but thought I’d ask here in the meantime in case anyone could offer any advice please.

I’m enrolled with the open university on a health and social care degree (currently not studying due to recently having a baby). I have completed the first two modules part time so spread over 2 years and received funding for both of these modules. The open university awarded me with a certificate of higher education after the second module was completed.

Over my time off of studying I have had a change of heart about my career path and am considering asking the university if I can change my course to a diploma of higher education in criminology (studied part time so 4 years of study).

I find student finance quite complicated and the rules difficult to understand so I just wondered if anyone here is able to advise and explain in simpler terms if I am likely to receive funding if I ask to change my course? I’d really appreciate any help people can offer!

Thank you 🙂
Original post by Kelsey993
Hi, I’m planning on contacting student finance but thought I’d ask here in the meantime in case anyone could offer any advice please.

I’m enrolled with the open university on a health and social care degree (currently not studying due to recently having a baby). I have completed the first two modules part time so spread over 2 years and received funding for both of these modules. The open university awarded me with a certificate of higher education after the second module was completed.

Over my time off of studying I have had a change of heart about my career path and am considering asking the university if I can change my course to a diploma of higher education in criminology (studied part time so 4 years of study).

I find student finance quite complicated and the rules difficult to understand so I just wondered if anyone here is able to advise and explain in simpler terms if I am likely to receive funding if I ask to change my course? I’d really appreciate any help people can offer!

Thank you 🙂

Hi Kelsey,

I've responded to your other thread. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending