The Student Room Group

a level fine art weightings

hi seems unclear to me within the 60% of initial of coursework what is worth what? i am at the end of year 12, having written my coursework essay and will be finishing the final 60% by xmas - how much is the essay weighted within the 60% ? as well as the approx other weightings? thanks :smile:
Original post by syv1111e
hi seems unclear to me within the 60% of initial of coursework what is worth what? i am at the end of year 12, having written my coursework essay and will be finishing the final 60% by xmas - how much is the essay weighted within the 60% ? as well as the approx other weightings? thanks :smile:

if this is aqa then its out of 96 and the marks are evenly distributed between 4 categories. i cant remember them exactly but its 24 for ur final piece, 24 for appropriate media and experimentation, 24 for recording and observations and 24 for development. the essay isnt marked but its very important for the examiners to understand your thoughts and processes. this component 1 is worth 60% so whatever you get out of 96 will need to be converted into 60% of your whole grade and comp 2 is 40% but also out of 96

eg. if you got 75/96 on comp 1 thats 78% for comp 1 but 46.9% overall. then if you get 75/96 on comp 2 again thats 78% for that but 31.3% overall. when you add your scores together your overall is 78.2%
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by arch17
if this is aqa then its out of 96 and the marks are evenly distributed between 4 categories. i cant remember them exactly but its 24 for ur final piece, 24 for appropriate media and experimentation, 24 for recording and observations and 24 for development. the essay isnt marked but its very important for the examiners to understand your thoughts and processes. this component 1 is worth 60% so whatever you get out of 96 will need to be converted into 60% of your whole grade and comp 2 is 40% but also out of 96

eg. if you got 75/96 on comp 1 thats 78% for comp 1 but 46.9% overall. then if you get 75/96 on comp 2 again thats 78% for that but 31.3% overall. when you add your scores together your overall is 78.2%

brill thx

Quick Reply

Latest