The Student Room Group

Oxbridge admissions

Hi! I was wondering if there are certain weightings on parts of you application for Oxbridge. For example, since Cambridge interviews more people, does it mean that the interviews are more important than other aspects of the application? Would you say the interview is the make or break of the application? are there any key differences between Oxford and Cambridge in terms of their admissions process that I ought to consider?
Original post by Lily2300
Hi! I was wondering if there are certain weightings on parts of you application for Oxbridge. For example, since Cambridge interviews more people, does it mean that the interviews are more important than other aspects of the application? Would you say the interview is the make or break of the application? are there any key differences between Oxford and Cambridge in terms of their admissions process that I ought to consider?

Of course certain factors will matter more than others and will therefore have higher weightings- the extent to which they are weighted will depend on what course you are applying to, though.

What subject are you thinking of applying for? That will help answer most of the questions you have.

And yes, I’d say the interviews - regardless of which course at Oxford or Cambridge are the make or break of your application.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending