The Student Room Group

GCSE results too low for Oxbridge?

Hi I was wondering if my gcse grades were good enough for Oxbridge, I go to a school which had really bad educational outcomes but I only had 1A*, 7As and 3Bs is that good enough?
Reply 1
Original post by louiseyin
Hi I was wondering if my gcse grades were good enough for Oxbridge, I go to a school which had really bad educational outcomes but I only had 1A*, 7As and 3Bs is that good enough?
Your grades are amazing considering the context of your school and Oxbridge would think the exact same way, as confirmed by the admission departments at both. They take the context of your school into account so don't be disheartened. Also, I'd recommend applying to a programme called Zero Gravity. It's a charity that assigns you a mentor who does the degree at the university you plan on applying to who will help you with things like interview prep, personal statement writing, admissions test practice etc. It's all for free too.
(edited 2 months ago)
I would check out this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033950
I would imagine those grades would be fine

Are these your actual grades or a conversion from numerical grades?
Reply 4
Original post by melancollege
Are these your actual grades or a conversion from numerical grades?
I’m Welsh! So we still use letter grades :smile:
I’m Welsh! So we still use letter grades :smile:

Ah okay. They're probably alright, I only ask as some people convert differently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending