The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Student help !

I am a distance learner with OU & have found that I am being told information litterly 10 days before the dead line for my TMAS handed in to make a grade ! Has anyone else had this trouble where your not told a thing & expected to be Albert Einstein !? Where ?, why? How ? Do tutors & markers expect a person to be so good when they don’t tell you a thing and expect you to work ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING out on your own !!? It’s beyond a mistery to me .!I am a normal person with no academic background really and suffer from dyslexia badly . I’ve had No help whatso ! Do I quit ? Do ask why ? Or is this UNI life where it is part of the test to be more “Pro-active “!?
Reply 1
Original post by matt197699
I am a distance learner with OU & have found that I am being told information litterly 10 days before the dead line for my TMAS handed in to make a grade ! Has anyone else had this trouble where your not told a thing & expected to be Albert Einstein !? Where ?, why? How ? Do tutors & markers expect a person to be so good when they don’t tell you a thing and expect you to work ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING out on your own !!? It’s beyond a mistery to me .!I am a normal person with no academic background really and suffer from dyslexia badly . I’ve had No help whatso ! Do I quit ? Do ask why ? Or is this UNI life where it is part of the test to be more “Pro-active “!?

We've moved this to the correct forum now, hope you get a good response :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by matt197699

That's the way of the OU, I'm afraid! Some tutors can be more helpful than others, too. There is a big expectation for you to learn and study on your own. If you're struggling, I'd say contact either your tutor directly or student support to see if they can offer more support. I always found student services with the OU to be be very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest