The Student Room Group

mpharm at cardiff uni or uni of birm??

I won't rlly have the chance to go to any offer holder days so I was wondering if anyone on here could just give me some info and answer some of my q as im struggling to pick which of these to firm. In terms of the Mpharm course like whats the teaching style at each look like, how is the course split and taught over the 4 years, what does a typical day look like for you.
and uhh like whats Uni life like at each, is accomodation easy to get, what is the student support like and are the libraries and other facilities good?
any info would be appreciated thank you :smile:
Original post by pharmacyrulezzzz
I won't rlly have the chance to go to any offer holder days so I was wondering if anyone on here could just give me some info and answer some of my q as im struggling to pick which of these to firm. In terms of the Mpharm course like whats the teaching style at each look like, how is the course split and taught over the 4 years, what does a typical day look like for you.
and uhh like whats Uni life like at each, is accomodation easy to get, what is the student support like and are the libraries and other facilities good?
any info would be appreciated thank you :smile:

Hi there! Cardiff University student here 🙂 I'm unfortunately not an mpharm student, but we have mpharm students on this platform called Unibuddy if you were interested! Its akin to a messaging app where you can ask current students anything about university. It might be worth asking current pharmacy students about the stuff that is more course related.

Life at uni is really nice! There's a lovely student community, and everything you need is close by. University owned accommodation is pretty much guaranteed as long as you have firmed the university.

Student support is really good! I would say that academic support is really good. The university offers extra workshops and lectures in case you're struggling with a certain academic skill, personal tutors in my experience are quite receptive and there's a lot of resources to help you. When it comes to mental health support, it is quite good as well. I've accessed it myself and its been really helpful. If you have a mental health condition, you are able to have adjustments made to your studies and exams which has been really helpful. To add on to that, disability support has been really helpful. You are able to access some support without having an application for the DSA, which some students find helpful.

Facilities are good! We have a good couple of university libraries near the Pharmacy building - I would say 3 - but there are also additional study spaces and computer spaces open for all students dotted around campus. Some of the libraries are open 24/7, you are able to rent laptops, and theres different types of study spaces (eg., red zones for complete silence or green zones for a bit of chat). During exam season libraries hold something called "revision aid" where they give out biscuits, tea/coffee and revision resources - I've found that to be quite helpful too.

Hope that has helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending