The Student Room Group

Aldi assessment

So I applied for a job at aldi as a store assistant. I got an email a week later inviting me for an assessment that lasts 15 minutes. However I don't have a clue what it involves.

I've tried googling it but I keep getting different answers. Some say its a simple interview where they ask what you know about aldi, about yourself and a few other things. Then some say it also involves a maths test (FYI I'm really bad at maths and can't do it in my head).
Hello :smile:
SO from my experience I remember doing a video assessment where they would present me with I think three questions, adn I would record my response. I think my questions were,something along the lines of, "Why do you want to work for Aldi?", "What skills can you bring to Aldi?", and "Tell me a time where you exceeded beyond customer service". You have 30 seconds for each answer. You get a practice question before your real answer, I believe.

I did not have a maths assessment, I think this is for management roles, maybe.

After a few days later I got an email to do a 1-1 interview in-store with the store manager. The store manager who interviewed me told me about himself, ( He waffled a lot about his girlfriend etc, like I even care, it was just an awkward thing to mention at an interview). And then he asked me "Tell me about yourself". "What do you know about Aldi?" . "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?".

" What is your availability?" ---- even though this is on the application, they still ask you. I think the interviewer amended some stuff on my availability.

In the end I did not get the job. not gutted at all . I think the interview was more of a personality type of interview, as I already had a job in retail at the time, so I had a good handful of experience.

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by IntroNotExtro
Hello :smile:
SO from my experience I remember doing a video assessment where they would present me with I think three questions, adn I would record my response. I think my questions were,something along the lines of, "Why do you want to work for Aldi?", "What skills can you bring to Aldi?", and "Tell me a time where you exceeded beyond customer service". You have 30 seconds for each answer. You get a practice question before your real answer, I believe.

I did not have a maths assessment, I think this is for management roles, maybe.

After a few days later I got an email to do a 1-1 interview in-store with the store manager. The store manager who interviewed me told me about himself, ( He waffled a lot about his girlfriend etc, like I even care, it was just an awkward thing to mention at an interview). And then he asked me "Tell me about yourself". "What do you know about Aldi?" . "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?".

" What is your availability?" ---- even though this is on the application, they still ask you. I think the interviewer amended some stuff on my availability.

In the end I did not get the job. not gutted at all . I think the interview was more of a personality type of interview, as I already had a job in retail at the time, so I had a good handful of experience.

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

When I did my application online it asked me what I knew about aldi, they gave me about 5 different scenarios where I had to pick the best and worst situation and an example of where I gave excellent customer service.
Reply 3
Original post by Sarah90s
So I applied for a job at aldi as a store assistant. I got an email a week later inviting me for an assessment that lasts 15 minutes. However I don't have a clue what it involves.

I've tried googling it but I keep getting different answers. Some say its a simple interview where they ask what you know about aldi, about yourself and a few other things. Then some say it also involves a maths test (FYI I'm really bad at maths and can't do it in my head).

Hi- do you have any info to share on how the 15 min assessment in store went? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending