The Student Room Group

Accounting woes

My Accounting teacher often never explains topics properly. There is no proper source of teaching and by that I mean in terms of notes and exercises and we never know what's in the curriculum so we could at least teach ourselves/ self- study.

Whenever he decides to explain he'd never actually show us how to do it we just had to go with our imagination as he teaches and sometimes tell us to take pictures of the work from a textbook we don't have and know nothing about. When explaining he doesn't even show the format (like I mentioned earlier we have to use our imagination) when teaching we have to guess and rack our brains trying to figure what's going on and the fact that when explaining, everything is all over the board. You never know if that's today's work or the work of another class.

In an effort to try and understand the work better, I asked him a number of times to move me to the front but I would just get brushed off and this is really annoying me.
What do I do...?
Original post by Yukkki
My Accounting teacher often never explains topics properly. There is no proper source of teaching and by that I mean in terms of notes and exercises and we never know what's in the curriculum so we could at least teach ourselves/ self- study.

Whenever he decides to explain he'd never actually show us how to do it we just had to go with our imagination as he teaches and sometimes tell us to take pictures of the work from a textbook we don't have and know nothing about. When explaining he doesn't even show the format (like I mentioned earlier we have to use our imagination) when teaching we have to guess and rack our brains trying to figure what's going on and the fact that when explaining, everything is all over the board. You never know if that's today's work or the work of another class.

In an effort to try and understand the work better, I asked him a number of times to move me to the front but I would just get brushed off and this is really annoying me.
What do I do...?

Should I presume this is for A Level? If so, there is only one UK exam board that does it:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/accounting/a-level/accounting-7127/specification-at-a-glance
I would check this with your teacher.

If you're doing IAL:
https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-accounting-9706/
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20Advanced%20Level/Accounting/2015/specification-and-sample-assessments/Pearson-Edexcel-IAL-Accounting-Specification.pdf

I don't know what you specifically are studying, so it's difficult to advise. I would look at YouTube videos for tutorials on certain aspects of the syllabus.

If you were studying the professional qualification for what you are studying, they come with the specific texts for the modules, so I very much doubt it's this.

I can't really recommend specific texts I know for accounting because they are for university level and might go above and beyond what you're studying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending