The Student Room Group

Clearing

Because teachers decide your predicted grades and assess it lower,tough on actual results day if day I get 3A*,would I be able to apply UCL,Imperial College directly to secure myself a seat tough they are not on clearing,do I just ring the uni directly and say I got the results can I offer me a place
Reply 1
Original post by Krismurt
Because teachers decide your predicted grades and assess it lower,tough on actual results day if day I get 3A*,would I be able to apply UCL,Imperial College directly to secure myself a seat tough they are not on clearing,do I just ring the uni directly and say I got the results can I offer me a place

Unlikely. The popular universities will have offered based on predicted results, interviews and personal statements. They are unlikely to offer places through clearing. I appreciate your optimism but in the assessments you have done to date, are you consistently hitting A*? If not, the chances of A* in your actual exams are low.
Original post by Krismurt

The likes of Imperial dont participate in clearing and Computer Science courses in top universities are in great demand, You wont get in. If you wish to take a gap year be warned Imperial only make offers to 1 in 20 for CS.

Teachers tend to over predict not under predict. That is why there has been such grade inflation without exams. In previous exam years 75% of students did not reach their predicted grades compared to 9% who exceeded them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending