The Student Room Group

Clearing

If a uni didn’t give you an offer can u still apply
To that same uni for clearing?
I'm in the same situation. I got rejected but wondering if its possible to apply on results day?
Original post by Sha2006

It depends on the reason why you didn't receive an offer. If it was due to performance in an interview or a portfolio not being up to standard, then it is unlikely you would receive an offer. If it was due to predicted grades and you have exceeded your predictions or the uni has lowered the entry requirements for the course, it could be worth a shot.
Original post by normaw
It depends on the reason why you didn't receive an offer. If it was due to performance in an interview or a portfolio not being up to standard, then it is unlikely you would receive an offer. If it was due to predicted grades and you have exceeded your predictions or the uni has lowered the entry requirements for the course, it could be worth a shot.

Thanks.
Do you think clearing ual architecture would require a portfolio? Or just grades
It's possible and worth a try.
Original post by Pinkfeather21
Thanks.
Do you think clearing ual architecture would require a portfolio? Or just grades

I think most architecture courses would require a portfolio.
Hey @Sha2006 and @Pinkfeather21 :smile:

Just thought I'd pop onto this thread as I went through Clearing myself a few years ago! You do not need to have applied to the university prior to Clearing; Clearing gives you the chance to grab a spot at either the same (if you want to change your course, for example) or a different university. Personally, I do think it's worth looking at the unis you initially applied to, but might have declined their offer when choosing your top two, as their grades could be better suited for you. The Student Room have a Clearing guide that you can look at here.

Best of luck!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hey @Sha2006 and @Pinkfeather21 :smile:

Just thought I'd pop onto this thread as I went through Clearing myself a few years ago! You do not need to have applied to the university prior to Clearing; Clearing gives you the chance to grab a spot at either the same (if you want to change your course, for example) or a different university. Personally, I do think it's worth looking at the unis you initially applied to, but might have declined their offer when choosing your top two, as their grades could be better suited for you. The Student Room have a Clearing guide that you can look at here.

Best of luck!

Thanks very much.
The ual website say to not apply to the same course during clearing, but is that applicable to results day clearing? I am interested in architecture only and was unsuccessful when applying. Just wondering if its worth a try :smile:
Thanks very much.
The ual website say to not apply to the same course during clearing, but is that applicable to results day clearing? I am interested in architecture only and was unsuccessful when applying. Just wondering if its worth a try :smile:

There is nothing to stop you calling, you will only lose the time it takes to speak to them if they say no. I think their wording is fairly unambiguous though:

"If you have already been considered for a course this year and your application was unsuccessful please do not re-apply for the same course in Clearing."

https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/clearing/clearing-guide
Thanks very much.

Remember that with architecture you gets two bites of the cherry in terms of unis. Even if you don't get to your dream uni for undergraduate, you could apply to UAL for your MArch course when the time comes :smile:.
Thanks very much.

Hey @Pinkfeather21 :smile:

I agree with the fellow posters on this thread, just because you don’t get your desired undergraduate course does not mean you can’t go back and apply for a Masters, or even try and move universities after your first year if you are allowed to do so. Whilst I'm not familiar with architectural courses, at UEA, if we cannot offer you your desired course we will suggest other best options for you!

Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hey @Pinkfeather21 :smile:

I agree with the fellow posters on this thread, just because you don’t get your desired undergraduate course does not mean you can’t go back and apply for a Masters, or even try and move universities after your first year if you are allowed to do so. Whilst I'm not familiar with architectural courses, at UEA, if we cannot offer you your desired course we will suggest other best options for you!

Thank you very much for your help 😀
Original post by normaw
Remember that with architecture you gets two bites of the cherry in terms of unis. Even if you don't get to your dream uni for undergraduate, you could apply to UAL for your MArch course when the time comes :smile:.

OK thanks 😊
Original post by Sha2006

Hello!

If you find yourself without a place at university, you can still apply to the same university through Clearing.

One of the Clearing advisors will be able to tell you what courses are available to you and help with your next steps.

Here are some of our top tips to secure your place at university through Clearing 👉 https://www.derby.ac.uk/blog/clearing-top-tips-to-get-your-university-place/

Best of luck 😊
Hello!

Several universities will have courses available through clearing :smile:

Check out some of our courses at the University of Suffolk https://www.uos.ac.uk/clearing

Best of Luck!
Original post by Sha2006

Hey!

You can still apply for a university course through Clearing if you haven't previously applied there.

The Clearing advisors will be able to guide you through the process and let you know what options are available to you. 😊

Contact our Clearing hotline or message us via social media for more information on Clearing options available at Derby. 📲 Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending