The Student Room Group

Speedcubing advice

Over the summer holidays I’ve decided to learn the Rubix cube, and have been doing it non-stop for a week. Now I’m using an actual speed cube (because my 3 year old Rubix brand was not great) which has trimmed my time down a lot to about 1 minute 30 on average. I really want to get a sub 30 second time before I need to go back to school. Currently I am using the beginner method, and I am going to start CFOP soon. Is it possible to get sub 30 seconds in a month? Are there better methods? Any advice would really help :smile:

P.s I have no idea which forum this needs to go on so feel free to move it
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Moonlight:)
Over the summer holidays I’ve decided to learn the Rubix cube, and have been doing it non-stop for a week. Now I’m using an actual speed cube (because my 3 year old Rubix brand was not great) which has trimmed my time down a lot to about 1 minute 30 on average. I really want to get a sub 30 second time before I need to go back to school. Currently I am using the beginner method, and I am going to start CFOP soon. Is it possible to get sub 30 seconds in a month? Are there better methods? Any advice would really help :smile:

P.s I have no idea which forum this needs to go on so feel free to move it

This is fine in terms of the forum to post in :smile:

Firstly, wow this is super impressive :biggrin: I am proud of you!

In terms of going sub 30 seconds my friend back in secondary school managed to do this but they used a certain algorithm to manage to solve it no matter how much someone would 'mess it up' he just used youtube videos in all honesty! And also there were some forums back then that were specifically designed to gain speed in the rubix cube. I am not sure of anything currently, but I hope you manage to get some info on it soon :smile: or if there is a secret Rubix enthusiast among us here in TSR :redface:

All the best :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
This is fine in terms of the forum to post in :smile:

Firstly, wow this is super impressive :biggrin: I am proud of you!

In terms of going sub 30 seconds my friend back in secondary school managed to do this but they used a certain algorithm to manage to solve it no matter how much someone would 'mess it up' he just used youtube videos in all honesty! And also there were some forums back then that were specifically designed to gain speed in the rubix cube. I am not sure of anything currently, but I hope you manage to get some info on it soon :smile: or if there is a secret Rubix enthusiast among us here in TSR :redface:

All the best :smile:

Hi, thanks for the advice! :smile:

I’m guessing the algorithm your friend used was CFOP, which is what I’m moving onto. With the beginner method I only need to remember a few different algorithms, but CFOP has so many and I am not sure how I’m going to learn them all.

Youtube is a good shout, so I’ll give that a go. When I hit my goal, I’ll be sure to announce it on here.

Thanks again for the reply :rofl3:and all the best to you as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest