The Student Room Group
Arden University

Change degree-Arden uni online

Hello,

I really want to switch & change degrees at my uni, Arden Uni. I'm doing a Psych degree part-time, online. I want to change to their BA Criminology. Has anyone changed courses at Arden Uni? If so, what was the process like. I just really want to switch! Thanks so much!
Reply 1
Arden is a half-baked distance learning set up with zero academic credibility.
Do not touch it.

If you want to do a distance learning degree, look at the OU - well established, and solid, with an excellent reputation built up over decades.
Arden University
Hello, ok, thanks for your unhelpful & unsolicited advice. I’m already a year in & have found it decent so far, so your advice of “do not touch” is irrelevant. Have a nice rest of your weekend, go do something happy 🙂
Original post by lottie172
Hello, ok, thanks for your unhelpful & unsolicited advice. I’m already a year in & have found it decent so far, so your advice of “do not touch” is irrelevant. Have a nice rest of your weekend, go do something happy 🙂

Just because you dont like advice doesnt make it unhelpful. If you are not prepared to accept truthful advice you shouldnt be asking for it.

For what it is worth the poster concerned has numerous years involvement with university admission and is well placed to offer honest advice and often does. There is considerable knowledge involvement here and the advice given is honest. Trying just to pacify you isnt helpful.
Original post by swanseajack1
Just because you dont like advice doesnt make it unhelpful. If you are not prepared to accept truthful advice you shouldnt be asking for it.

For what it is worth the poster concerned has numerous years involvement with university admission and is well placed to offer honest advice and often does. There is considerable knowledge involvement here and the advice given is honest. Trying just to pacify you isnt helpful.

Ok cool. I don’t need pacifying-do you have any advice to my original question though? 👍
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by username6759093
Ok cool. I don’t need pacifying-do you have any advice to my original question though? 👍

The only way to find out is to ask your university directly. Nobody knows what their decision will be. Quit possibly you will need to restart but only they can tell you not anybody on here.
Potentially unhelpful advice but when I applied I was deciding between OU and University of Essex online and I found the application and process quite complicated with OU. I ended up contacting University of Essex online and haven't looked back. Can't speak for Arden I hadn't heard of them until seeing them on these forums.

To answer the original post though, you should definitely speak to student services as some of your learning may be transferrable. It depends on their policies but even if you have to restart you may be able to without being charged anything additional.
Original post by username6759093
Hello,

I really want to switch & change degrees at my uni, Arden Uni. I'm doing a Psych degree part-time, online. I want to change to their BA Criminology. Has anyone changed courses at Arden Uni? If so, what was the process like. I just really want to switch! Thanks so much!

@username6759093

If you are changing I would let the University know ASAP and also the student loan company. Student services might be able to organise a credit transfer. The course you are changing too will have the same virtual learning environment of which you are used too.

For anyone following the post, as always, every provider generates a mix of opinion on here. What I would say if you are considering a different course at Arden or any other provider I would check out their report with the QAA (a bit like Ofsted) and their Teaching Excellence Framework Report- both readily available online and completely unbiased.

Arden's psychology degree's and masters programs are fully accredited with the British Psychological Society - and my Masters did help me to progress in my career in education.

I had a brill time at Arden

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending