The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Late arrival policy for International Student at UoM

Hello guys,
I am an international student, and I am going to study a taught master's course at UoM this September.

In my draft CAS, it was said that the latest acceptance date was September 22nd, but unfortunately, due to the document problems, I could only apply for a UK student visa after September 7th or even September 14th.

The visa processing in my country often takes 3 weeks, and I may arrive late (maybe 1 week after the latest acceptance date), but I cannot find any information about late arrival or late admission on the UoM website. I mailed the admissions team and asked for a change in the latest acceptance date, but they said if I could not arrive at UoM before September, I would not be accepted to the course, and I am so nervous right now.

Is there any policy for the late arrival of international students?

Is it possible to deal with the university to arrive later than the deadline on CAS?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Original post by duchieuhn
Hello guys,
I am an international student, and I am going to study a taught master's course at UoM this September.

In my draft CAS, it was said that the latest acceptance date was September 22nd, but unfortunately, due to the document problems, I could only apply for a UK student visa after September 7th or even September 14th.

The visa processing in my country often takes 3 weeks, and I may arrive late (maybe 1 week after the latest acceptance date), but I cannot find any information about late arrival or late admission on the UoM website. I mailed the admissions team and asked for a change in the latest acceptance date, but they said if I could not arrive at UoM before September, I would not be accepted to the course, and I am so nervous right now.

Is it possible to deal with the university to arrive later than the deadline on CAS?

The university have given you their answer, that answer isn't likely to change if you ask them a secon time. Best option you have is to try to speed up your processing. If it's not your fault that the documents are being handled so late, put pressure on to get it sped up because it isn't your fault.

If you have hard dates for when the visa processing will definitely be done by, then that may also help you in your dialogue with the university.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by duchieuhn
Hello guys,

The academic department may be able to advise the latest date that you can join. It's unlikely to be weeks after the course start though.

If you are receiving results from India, sometimes unis can accept provisional docs. Any other country would be case by case depending on what you can provide and when.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending