How to improve empathy?

How can someone be more empathetic?
Original post by EmpathyBoy

By improving it
Reply 2

By imagining themselves in the place of the person that they are communicating with.

By putting themselves in the shoes of the person they are talking to being able to relate and understand how they are feeling
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
By putting themselves in the shoes of the person they are talking to being able to relate and understand how they are feeling

I'm pretty good at this, but I struggle to empathise with people who've done me dirty. Like some people are so selfish, and I just think, 'wow, I would've never done that to you'.
I'm pretty good at this, but I struggle to empathise with people who've done me dirty. Like some people are so selfish, and I just think, 'wow, I would've never done that to you'.

Yeah same bro exactly this is why empathising too much to those that will take advantage of you is wrong. Just do it to those you genuinely trust and have a established connection with I get done like that just as you do so I can relate
Reply 6

So you can try and understand why they did what they did. Were they motivated out of jealousy. Do you come from a more insecure background either emotionally or financially? Do they have to work a lot harder than you for results that are less good? And if there is no logical reason for their behaviour, just cut them out of your life. Indifference is always better than revenge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending