The Student Room Group

Natural Sciences at Cambridge but Biomedical Sciences for other universities

I’m currently in Year 12, taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I was initially considering Biomedical Sciences at Oxford, but I realised that the Natural Science course at Cambridge seemed more appealing to me.

I’m planning on apply to Biomedical sciences at my other universities, and so my personal statement was going to be centred around Biomedical Sciences. But I’m unsure if a Biomed Sci personal statement would be as highly regarded for a NatSci course. I emailed Cambridge’s NatSci’s admissions contact, and they didn’t specify if it would be regarded as highly as a NatSci personal statement, but instead mentioned that they understand the need for students to write their personal statements accordingly for other university courses as well.
I’m not sure if I should stick to revising for Oxford’s BMAT or try to go for Cambridge purely because I’m not sure if my personal statement would work for their NatSci Course?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently in Year 12, taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I was initially considering Biomedical Sciences at Oxford, but I realised that the Natural Science course at Cambridge seemed more appealing to me.

I’m planning on apply to Biomedical sciences at my other universities, and so my personal statement was going to be centred around Biomedical Sciences. But I’m unsure if a Biomed Sci personal statement would be as highly regarded for a NatSci course. I emailed Cambridge’s NatSci’s admissions contact, and they didn’t specify if it would be regarded as highly as a NatSci personal statement, but instead mentioned that they understand the need for students to write their personal statements accordingly for other university courses as well.
I’m not sure if I should stick to revising for Oxford’s BMAT or try to go for Cambridge purely because I’m not sure if my personal statement would work for their NatSci Course?

Cambridge are well aware that they have some courses that only they offer, and that this can lead naturally to your personal statement targeting the other four universities on your UCAS application. This is one of the reasons why their provide the opportunity to provide an additional Cambridge-specific personal statement via the Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) - now bizarrely called "My Cambridge Application". See references to "optional additional personal statement" in Guide to completing My Cambridge Application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending