The Student Room Group

[Official] SQA 2023 Results Day Discussion and Help thread

Scroll to see replies

How has everyone got on with their results today? we'd love to hear! :h:

SQA Results!

Congratulations to everyone on your achievements in your SQA results! Your dedication, hard work, and commitment has paid off. We are incredibly proud of each and every one of you.

#BeResultsProud
#YourPathYourFuture

Shyleen. 🤍
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by hogwarts master
I got AAAAAAC. The C was in PE, but im not really bothered as i thought i was gonna fail like 4 of them
That's a fantastic set of grades :crazy:
Original post by 04MR17
I have to say I ADORE your username

Aww, thank you very much! I'd love to say there was a creative story as to how I chose it, but there isn't really! :colondollar:
I got straight A’s! 5 A’s, English, Maths, Mods, Music and Mandarin 😆 so so relieved
MASSIVE congrats everyone!! Some really brill results here, all your hard work has paid off. Hope you all have some good plans to celebrate your achievements over the next wee while :grouphugs:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Original post by jessica099
I got straight A’s! 5 A’s, English, Maths, Mods, Music and Mandarin 😆 so so relieved

Excellent! How are you celebrating?
Reply 47
Got 3 A’s in advanced higher biology, chemistry and maths plus an A in crash higher physics! Got into uni so very happy
Original post by cammy5
Got 3 A’s in advanced higher biology, chemistry and maths plus an A in crash higher physics! Got into uni so very happy

Congratulations! What are you doing at university?
Reply 49
Original post by 5hyl33n
Congratulations! What are you doing at university?

Medicine!
Original post by cammy5
Nice one! #BeResultsProud

:ymca:
Original post by jessica099
Huge well done! :flip:
Reply 52
i got 5 A's in mandarin, english, french, music and religious moral and philosophical studies. i literally forgot i signed up for mysqa via text so i was a bit shocked in the morning after waking up and going on my phone.
really happy - well done to everybody else for your hard work!!:smile:
Original post by cammy5
Medicine!

Thats amazing, which uni?
Original post by Gordon K.
i got 5 A's in mandarin, english, french, music and religious moral and philosophical studies. i literally forgot i signed up for mysqa via text so i was a bit shocked in the morning after waking up and going on my phone.

Whats your next steps?
:woohoo:

Haha, that’s brilliant. Well done on the amazing set of results. Are you off to university?
I got AAAB and will be starting in Medicine next month!

Just some additional advice from a mature student going back to university:

1) I'm from England originally and I sat A levels in 2008. I messed them up completely, coming out with only a D & E (normally you want at least 3 a levels at C or above). I didn't bother so much because I hadn't applied for uni, but over the summer I regretted it. I still got into uni through clearing on results day, and graduated 4 years later with a 2.1 (0.5% off a 1st, still stings). Even if you did badly, you have options, and I loved my time at uni.

2) I used to work at a university and I've been one of the people approving places just before results day. Universities often set a standard minimum they're willing to accept based on the number of places and demand etc. Then if there are any they (standard admin people) are unsure about, it gets referred to the admissions tutor for consideration (which is someone who teaches the course). There is nothing personal in acceptances or declines, every applicant is a number and they're processed as quickly as possible to ensure most are ready for results day. If you missed out on your course but you feel like you fell just short, ring the clearing line and try your luck - there might be an extra curricular activity or something you've done (such as a music qualification) that you forgot to put on your application that pushes you just over that threshold. (I've also been one of the people on the clearing phoneline, and the person you speak to is there to try and get as much info as possible to try and get you on the course. Generally, anyone you speak to today will want to help you get on a course.)

3) Worst case scenario and you failed everything. There's always next year. Or you can take some time out and work. Or you can try a vocational course.

Well done everyone, whatever grades you got.
Reply 57
i think for now, just trying to do as much preparation and research as possible for my LNAT exam (law national aptitude test) which is mid-november, and get ahead of preparation for my personal statement. :smile:

but if we're talking immediete; probably go celebrate and take a few days off!!
(edited 8 months ago)
i think for now, just trying to do as much preparation and research as possible for my LNAT exam (law national aptitude test) which is mid-november, and get ahead of preparation for my personal statement. :smile:

but if we're talking immediete; probably go celebrate and take a few days off!!

As you should, enjoy the next few days:hugs:
Reply 59
thank you so much - i really appreciate it!! i'm due to be off to university in 2024, and will hopefully get in to one of my choices to study scots law and french language, so will be submitting my UCAS before the january deadline. :smile:

Original post by 5hyl33n
Haha, that’s brilliant. Well done on the amazing set of results. Are you off to university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending