The Student Room Group

[Official] SQA 2023 Results Day Discussion and Help thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JammyWammy
I'm in 5th year and got 5 A's in my subjects which were maths (which I thought I had failed), English, PE, history, and computing science. I'm beyond pleased since I feel like my hard work really paid off, I'm staying onto 6th year to do H mods and philosophy and AH history and English.

Well you were far from failing maths! You should be very pleased and your hard work has paid off, indeed. Excellent 6th year choices. I wish you all the best for the future. Keep us updated on how you are doing? We would love to know where you end up.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
Excellent! How are you celebrating?

Thank you! Going out for dinner with my grandparents 😊
Original post by 04MR17
Huge well done! :flip:

Thank you!!! 😊
Original post by jessica099
Thank you! Going out for dinner with my grandparents 😊

Enjoy!
Original post by cammy5
Congratulations! 5 A’s at higher puts you in a really good position if you want to go to uni

That's the plan for me if all works out in 6th year, hoping to do a course like English Lit or sociology but I'll need to do more research to be sure
Reply 85
I've not got my certificate. Should I wait for a bit longer because it could just be taking g a bit longer should I contact the sqa or post office?
OH MY GOD. I JUST GOT MY ADVANCED HIGHERS IN MATHS AND PHYSICS - A FOR BOTH LETS GOOOO. My highers were 5 A's and nat 5 6 A's. EDINBURGH HERE I COME
Original post by eggbread78134
OH MY GOD. I JUST GOT MY ADVANCED HIGHERS IN MATHS AND PHYSICS - A FOR BOTH LETS GOOOO. My highers were 5 A's and nat 5 6 A's. EDINBURGH HERE I COME

Great news! Congrats :dancing:
I dont know how I scraped it in maths like I thought it was gonna be a C or something
Original post by J0$h
I've not got my certificate. Should I wait for a bit longer because it could just be taking g a bit longer should I contact the sqa or post office?

Have you moved house in the past year?

If so, it might have been delivered to your old address.

If not, get in contact with your SQA coordinator at your school/college first. They should be able to liaise with SQA and see what has happened.

Most importantly, don’t stress out. Did you receive your results through text message/email okay?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by jessica099
I got straight A’s! 5 A’s, English, Maths, Mods, Music and Mandarin 😆 so so relieved

Amazing! Congratulations.

Congratulations! What are you studying at Edinburgh?
Reply 92
I got BCCDD all at nat 5 :frown:
(edited 8 months ago)
I am hoping to do a masters degree in Mathematics. Its ranked 5 in uk
Original post by Rum3n77
I got BCCDD all at nat 5 :frown:

Okay, those might not be the ideal set of results you were hoping for, but remember this is just one aspect of your educational journey. It's important to keep looking forward. Those results are not as bad as you might think they are and it’s important you recognise that. Now, do you know what your next steps are or do you need help figuring it out?
Hi Everyone , Hope everyone is pleased with their results I manged to get AAABC in my higher results
My As where in Biology,Maths,Pe, My B was in Chemistry and My C in English.
Im looking to apply for dentistry and i would like to know if my results would be considered and if not will i have to retake Chemistry and English agai?. (Also sitting my Ucat exam during september and my current Subjects for s6 are AH Bio, AH Chem, and higher geography I would like to know what will i need to retake and what subjects I will need to do in s6.)
@LewisWIreland, is everything okay? It might seem like it in the moment, but all is not lost. Can you explain your situation with your results so we can assist you?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 97
Just got my results l got 8As
somehow the school sent the prediction of our results kinda mean
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by J0$h
Contact your school first, then SQA. Which qualifications were you expecting results for?
I am hoping to do a masters degree in Mathematics. Its ranked 5 in uk
As I said to you yesterday, regardless of rankings Maths graduates are very sought after people. Well done on your grades and enjoy Edinburgh! Now to find somewhere affordable to live!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending