The Student Room Group

University study

Hi all, I've just finished a Foundation Year at UoM for mathematics. I managed to pass, but I'm unsure if I want to take it for further study. I have been given offers to the University of Sheffield for General Engineering, UoM for Maths, UoM for Physics and the University of Leeds for Maths.

However, I am unsure of which to choose... Currently debating doing a coin toss between Physics at Manchester and Engineering at Sheffield. Just wondering if anybody could share their experiences of these unis and more specifically the courses!

Many thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Look carefully at the course description for each degree - especially the optional units in the 2nd/3rd years etc.
Think about what actually interests you - ie. which of these units would you choose if you were doing that degree.
Also, if any of these courses have a work placement or study abroad etc, that is a major plus when you are looking for graduate jobs.
Original post by FinnianCW
Hi all, I've just finished a Foundation Year at UoM for mathematics. I managed to pass, but I'm unsure if I want to take it for further study. I have been given offers to the University of Sheffield for General Engineering, UoM for Maths, UoM for Physics and the University of Leeds for Maths.

However, I am unsure of which to choose... Currently debating doing a coin toss between Physics at Manchester and Engineering at Sheffield. Just wondering if anybody could share their experiences of these unis and more specifically the courses!

Many thanks :smile:

What do you want to do career wise? Are you interested in engineering as a career?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending