The Student Room Group

Change the start date and change in Maintenance loan

I am suppose to start my nursing course this September (2023) but due to personal circumstances I have pushed it to January(start date). I managed to speak to student finance and he asked me to inform the university which I did a long time ago, but the start date hasn’t changed in student finance. So do I still need to let d university know or will it get updated automatically before the course start.
And secondly, I applied for the maintenance loan, but the loan approved was very less n I don’t think I can survive with that much as I have a child. I want to reapply for the maintenance loan. So, how do I do that? Do I cancel online whatever they have approved and refill the application form and submit. Or do I need to fill any particular form and send it away to them?
Any advice will be appreciated 🙏🏻
Original post by Khimdungsuni
I am suppose to start my nursing course this September (2023) but due to personal circumstances I have pushed it to January(start date). I managed to speak to student finance and he asked me to inform the university which I did a long time ago, but the start date hasn’t changed in student finance. So do I still need to let d university know or will it get updated automatically before the course start.
And secondly, I applied for the maintenance loan, but the loan approved was very less n I don’t think I can survive with that much as I have a child. I want to reapply for the maintenance loan. So, how do I do that? Do I cancel online whatever they have approved and refill the application form and submit. Or do I need to fill any particular form and send it away to them?
Any advice will be appreciated 🙏🏻

Hi there,

If you are a single parent, you just need to provide your child's birth certificate and dependency evidence such as a tax credit award notice/universal credit letter/child benefit letter to confirm their financial dependency, this would automatically assess you for the higher amount if you indicated you wish to receive the income assessed element of the Maintenance Loan. You can also update your course intake to January by changing this yourself on your account. I have provided a link that shows you how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKENmohOsAk

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending