The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan cancelled

hello, I have log in to my SLC account to find out that my maintenance loan has been canceled after it was approved and received my first payment. After they ask me of payslips and I uploaded as also uploaded my new contract as I changed my work since summer and successfully uploaded all the evidence, I checked my messages and It says I received a letter of recovery of grant and loan overpayment letter and also a online notification letter with my student finance .
I am confused at what is happening.
can anyone please help me?
Original post by AntzelaTzeb
hello, I have log in to my SLC account to find out that my maintenance loan has been canceled after it was approved and received my first payment. After they ask me of payslips and I uploaded as also uploaded my new contract as I changed my work since summer and successfully uploaded all the evidence, I checked my messages and It says I received a letter of recovery of grant and loan overpayment letter and also a online notification letter with my student finance .
I am confused at what is happening.
can anyone please help me?

Hi there, When did you upload the requested evidence? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
hello, I uploaded everything in 14 of November
thank you
hello, I uploaded everything in 14 of November
thank you

Hi there, The current expected timescale for the evidence provided to be processed is 17 working days from the date received. You should expect an update on or around the 8th of December based on the current expected timescales. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, The current expected timescale for the evidence provided to be processed is 17 working days from the date received. You should expect an update on or around the 8th of December based on the current expected timescales. Thanks, Angela

Hello , thank you for the answer but the letter I found in my inbox about the overpayment? Should I ignore it?
Also I have one more question if you stop working for some time as I did in the summer for two months does that affect my maintenance loan?
thanks Angela
Hello , thank you for the answer but the letter I found in my inbox about the overpayment? Should I ignore it?
Also I have one more question if you stop working for some time as I did in the summer for two months does that affect my maintenance loan?
thanks Angela

Hi there, Yes, you do need to remain in employment for the full academic year to maintain eligibility for the funding.The evidence requested were you able to provide all that was asked for? Or is there a gap in the period required? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Hi there, Yes, you do need to remain in employment for the full academic year to maintain eligibility for the funding.The evidence requested were you able to provide all that was asked for? Or is there a gap in the period required? Thanks, Angela

hello, yes I uploaded the payslips for September and October asked for and the new contract as the p45 of the previous job but was a gap from the old job to new job. I going to be affected or I loose my maintenance loan, even though I am working this academic year?
hello, yes I uploaded the payslips for September and October asked for and the new contract as the p45 of the previous job but was a gap from the old job to new job. I going to be affected or I loose my maintenance loan, even though I am working this academic year?

Hi there, What is the period of no employment? Dates? Thanks, Angela
Reply 8
hello, the dates were 1st of July until 31 of august
thank you
hello, the dates were 1st of July until 31 of august
thank you

Hi there. What year of the course are you currently on and when did you start the year? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 10
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. What year of the course are you currently on and when did you start the year? Thanks, Leah.

hello I am in my 3rd year of LLB Law,i started 2021 my first academic year but I did not receive maintenance because I did not know about it, and I applied in my second year where I received it all
hello I am in my 3rd year of LLB Law,i started 2021 my first academic year but I did not receive maintenance because I did not know about it, and I applied in my second year where I received it all

Thanks. Sorry, I meant can you confirm what month you started the 3rd year, eg. January/April/September etc?
Reply 12
Thanks. Sorry, I meant can you confirm what month you started the 3rd year, eg. January/April/September etc?

September 25th I started my induction of 3rd year and from October the lecture started.
September 25th I started my induction of 3rd year and from October the lecture started.

Thank you. As previously mentioned, you need to be working the full Academic Year, otherwise it can affect your Maintenance Loan entitlement. I would recommend uploading evidence for the gap you had in your employment to show you were looking for work during this time, and a cover letter explaining this. Evidence can be from job searches, job applications you made, employer emails etc.

The overpayment and entitlement letter will be because they have put a pause on your funding until the new evidence is reviewed, and they can confirm you are working to an acceptable level. They would have mentioned this at the bottom of the email you received asking for the evidence.

Once the evidence is processed (around 17 working days), your entitlement will be reassessed and you will receive an update on your online account. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 14
Thank you. As previously mentioned, you need to be working the full Academic Year, otherwise it can affect your Maintenance Loan entitlement. I would recommend uploading evidence for the gap you had in your employment to show you were looking for work during this time, and a cover letter explaining this. Evidence can be from job searches, job applications you made, employer emails etc.

The overpayment and entitlement letter will be because they have put a pause on your funding until the new evidence is reviewed, and they can confirm you are working to an acceptable level. They would have mentioned this at the bottom of the email you received asking for the evidence.

Once the evidence is processed (around 17 working days), your entitlement will be reassessed and you will receive an update on your online account. Thanks, Leah.

Hello, thank you very much for your answer and help I really appreciate it.
I will upload the evidence that I was looking for a job at that time.

thank you
Hello, thank you very much for your answer and help I really appreciate it.
I will upload the evidence that I was looking for a job at that time.

thank you

You are more than welcome.
Reply 16
You are more than welcome.

hello again, I just received an email, regarding my application saying it has been reassessed and the amount has been reduced , but I entered my account and its still the same, it says its cancelled, should I wait until its updated?
hello again, I just received an email, regarding my application saying it has been reassessed and the amount has been reduced , but I entered my account and its still the same, it says its cancelled, should I wait until its updated?

Hi there, I would allow time for the evidence to be processed and your application reassessed. Thanks, Angela
Reply 18
Hi there, I would allow time for the evidence to be processed and your application reassessed. Thanks, Angela

Thank you very much.
Antzela
You're welcome. Have a nice day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending