The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

No CAS issued, university ignoring emails

Hi, I'm an international student studying at UoB. I flew to my home country a month ago because I needed to extend my student visa (I was supposed to graduate this year but haven't completed placement, which is a requirement to pass my course). To get a new visa, the university needs to issue me a new CAS.

It's been exactly a month now and I have heard nothing back from the university about the new CAS. I've emailed my School multiple times and they've been unresponsive. Registry doesn't respond to emails either.
I'm not in the UK at the moment so can't make any phone calls to the university, even though I desperately want to. Not that I think it'll help because god knows if they'll bother picking up.

The international student team can't help me either because they're also waiting for the School and Registry to confirm these details with them.

Is anyone else having CAS issues as well, new students or those who are extending their visas as well? If yes, have you heard back at all from the university about it? Is there anything else I can do?

It's driving me up the wall so some reassurance would be nice. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending