The Student Room Group

lunch help

i always really struggle with coming up with ideas for what to take for lunch to school. i am going into year 11 in september so i really want to have ideas in advance so i can spend more time revising rather than thinking of what to have for lunch because it takes me so long to think of something.
i have one of those thermos flask things so i can take hot foods . also i dont like bread so sandwiches arent really something i would enoy (i think this is what makes it so hard because my sister literally has a sandwich everyday). also i have braces so nothing too hard,crunchy,chewy etc.
does anyone have any ideas?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by agent_duck343
i always really struggle with coming up with ideas for what to take for lunch to school. i am going into year 11 in september so i really want to have ideas in advance so i can spend more time revising rather than thinking of what to have for lunch because it takes me so long to think of something.
i have one of those thermos flask things so i can take hot foods . also i dont like bread so sandwiches arent really something i would enoy (i think this is what makes it so hard because my sister literally has a sandwich everyday). also i have braces so nothing too hard,crunchy,chewy etc.

Maybe pasta would be good?

noodles chinese ppl are a good influence for them like me cause i'm Chinese
ty
do you have ideas for what to put in my pasta or noodles that is quick and ideally can be made in multiple portions
ty
do you have ideas for what to put in my pasta or noodles that is quick and ideally can be made in multiple portions

What I usually make at home is pesto pasta with peas and corn and I top it off with cheese - this takes me around 20 minutes (you could also use ready made tomato sauce). Alternatively you could slice some chicken breast and mix it into the pasta with cooked mushrooms, peas, corn and buy a ready made carbonara sauce to add to the pasta. Another meal you could take to school could be a salad - I usually use quinoa, chicken, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, olive oil and croutons. I find this salad surprisingly heavy if you use enough quinoa so it should get you through the school day!
(edited 8 months ago)
pasta, rissotto, soup. salad

Quick Reply

Latest