The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Accomodation

My daughter has been offered Cayley Hall,shared bathroom. just wondering if there are single sex blocks or floors there ?
Also, at lunchtimes is it possible to eat in any on campus restaurant so she can eat with friends who are maybe self catered ?
Original post by Lisa Ekkkk
My daughter has been offered Cayley Hall,shared bathroom. just wondering if there are single sex blocks or floors there ?
Also, at lunchtimes is it possible to eat in any on campus restaurant so she can eat with friends who are maybe self catered ?

Hi @Lisa Ekkkk,

Great to hear from you. I would recommend going to the Cayley accommodation page and looking under the 'Hall contacts' tab to ask your question. For your question on eating, I would refer to this page here.

I hope this helps!

- Lindsay
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

My son is going to Loughborough as his insurance. He was offered Rutherford, shared bathrooms, which is very similar to Cayley, Royce and Faraday. He did want catered so it isn’t too bad, although not part of his preferences. He did contact the accommodation office about joining a waitlist to change and Loughborough have a policy of only opening up to accommodation changes after the students have been at the university for several weeks, as they find the students are less concerned with the physical environment once they have met their flat mates.

At the open house on the weekend after the results in the accommodation presentation they stated that breakfast and dinner is taken in the relevant hall’s dining room, but lunch can be eaten whereever the student is at lunch time.

Hi @Lisa Ekkkk

I was in Cayley last year so I thought I might be help answer some of your questions.

I was in a Cayley shared bathroom room last year and I was aware of some blocks being all girls or all boys but most floors were mixed.

For lunch you can eat at any dining hall if you are a catered student but self catered students would have to pay. There are cafes on campus usually on the ground floor of the lecture buildings where you can buy sandwiches and also hot meals.

In terms of how the catering at Cayley works, Cayley and Rutherford share a kitchen but have separate dining halls. So both Cayley and Rutherford eat breakfast in Rutherford's dining hall. For lunch both dining halls are open. For dinner both dining halls are open but Cayley shuts earlier and Rutherford stays open for about an hour longer.

I hope this helped and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Anyone interested in a shared bathroom, self-catered Bill Mo room? Close to SU and Econ department. Please dm if interested.
Anyone interested in a shared bathroom, self-catered William Morris room? Close to SU, Loughborough Business School and William Morris buildings. Please DM if interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending