The Student Room Group

Is catch-up a date?

I've known this guy from work for less than a year.

He initiated texting me at first, established conversation via mutual interests/hobbies, and I could feel he was at some level interested in me.

After texting with each other for a few months, I asked him out for lunch, twice, both I initiated, and now he is open to the third one. When I say I miss him, he said 'we should catch-up next week'

What bothers me is he always uses the word 'catch-up' to describe my invitation to go out.

Is he just seeing me as a normal friend or there could be something more?
(edited 11 months ago)
To be honest, the only way to properly know is to ask. I know it may seem daunting, but at least you'll get an answer. Perhaps try asking what he thinks your relationship to be like? Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Yeh I know, but I don't want to feel weird or ruin the potential. Should I just go on the 3rd catch-up and show him via body language? I broke the physical touch barrier last time, not sure if this counted

Original post by taylor2317
To be honest, the only way to properly know is to ask. I know it may seem daunting, but at least you'll get an answer. Perhaps try asking what he thinks your relationship to be like? Hope this helps :smile:
Yup, I think that's a great suggestion :smile:
Reply 4
They delay in setting up the lunch and choice of wording could suggest he’s only interested in friendship. But who knows, perhaps he’s just being cautious about dating a colleague. See how the lunch goes and if you can agree going out in the evening next time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending