The Student Room Group

Internal NHS roles

I have recently graduated with an IBMS accredited Biomedical Science degree. I hope to become a registered Biomedical scientist and want to apply for trainee biomedical scientist NHS jobs.

I have seen a few positions available but they are only for 'internal applicants only', what NHS jobs am I qualified to do which would make me eligible to apply for the trainee roles?
Original post by Riannahunter2001
I have recently graduated with an IBMS accredited Biomedical Science degree. I hope to become a registered Biomedical scientist and want to apply for trainee biomedical scientist NHS jobs.

I have seen a few positions available but they are only for 'internal applicants only', what NHS jobs am I qualified to do which would make me eligible to apply for the trainee roles?

Are you registered with the HCPC yet?

If not then your best bet is probably looking for MLA roles and hoping your manager will allow you to work towards your HCPC portfolio in the meantime.

This will also get you NHS experience which will let you apply to a much wider range of roles later anyway.
Original post by artful_lounger
Are you registered with the HCPC yet?

If not then your best bet is probably looking for MLA roles and hoping your manager will allow you to work towards your HCPC portfolio in the meantime.

This will also get you NHS experience which will let you apply to a much wider range of roles later anyway.

I am not HCPC registered yet, I believe the trainee biomedical scientist NHS role is accepted for the HCPC portfolio, because I do not have any lab experience other than what was in my degree and I don't think that counts.

Thank you for the MLA suggestion, I have applied for a few of these so I will hopefully hear back soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending